Quantcast

Banana Thread

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Bananas have become my favorite energy food. Fits easily in a jersey pocket and after eating one I seem to have limitless power for a good 20 minutes. Easy to eat in one hand, and not exactly an environmental disaster if the spent banana peel drops from your pocket.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Another cool thing is that if you happen to throw up on a particularly hard ride, they taste exactly the same coming out as they did going in. :thumb:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
I Are Baboon said:
What if it's in beer form?
Supposedly the first few trial batches of the Redhook ESB recipe had a strong hints of banana; one of the few things I remember from the Redhook brewery tour. :D

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I have a banana every morning. There was a period of time after OD'ing on them in a 24 hour race when I couldn't eat them, they would instantly make me puke. Banana puke is gross.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
banana's are good but they bruise too easily. bruised bananas gross me out.
banana pudding rules.
banana bread rules.
jello with bananas rule.
mangoes rules too.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
here's one of my favorite snacks...take a flour tortilla shell and lightly warm/toast it, spread a thin (i generally do quite thin) layer of nutella on it and then top with a sliced banana. Roll it up like a burrito and mmmm....:drool

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i chop bananas into 3rds, throw em in a ziplock bag, which goes in the freezer. When i make my morning soothies i take out a few chunks and toss em in with my other smoothie goodies. Using frozen banana's for the smoothie is better than not frozen bananas imo.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
TreeSaw said:
here's one of my favorite snacks...take a flour tortilla shell and lightly warm/toast it, spread a thin (i generally do quite thin) layer of nutella on it and then top with a sliced banana. Roll it up like a burrito and mmmm....:drool

i do that, but with pb instead. i can't keep nutella in the house.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
TreeSaw said:
LOL!!! Does your wife bake for you? If not, I'll have to make up a care package or something ;)

Hello!? single guys are the ones that need care packages.........say like, me! :thumb:

I have a banana every workday as part of my lunch