Bands RM members have rocked in!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
H8R said:
Hi!

Drinking the rubbing alcohol again?
not yet.. jim beam black and cola... i m not around the internet, or here enough to read all the ins and outs... frankly i don t have the time or patience... i prefer to drift in and out of this place, skim read what i lay my eyes on, and then return in drunken bouts to stir cr@p...

:)

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Markus Welby (jamrock), Bueno Grass (mix of latin rhythm and bluegrass), The 1976 AFC Champions (rock/funk), and currently a band called Jazzcow... who have been around for a long time and just added me about 6 months ago (currently going pretty well).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
stinkyboy said:
You been writing code too?
hmm, say what? i'm not sure what you're asking. these days i don't write any code (at least not during the past, say, 7 months). back then i did, but i don't see how the monday night band is related?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
stoney98 said:
Just going to throw it out there, but the symbol --> /= means not equal to
"bomber/= " was ambiguous, and usually not equal is !=, not /= :nuts: . i read the "bomber/" as your own special way of shortening bomberqr20z500000asdf or whatever it was

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
OGRipper said:
You got banned for that? I didn't realize the old RM hated freedom.
Self banned. I was pissed and I knew if i stuck around I'd get banned anyway.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
H8R said:
Self banned. I was pissed and I knew if i stuck around I'd get banned anyway.
And now you're just plain angry.

I've jammed with many friends but have never organized into a band, per se. We tried to once, but couldn't find a singer, the bass player had no rhythm, and we had a crappy name.

Currently I am trying to get some people together to play some Irish Trad. Is there a fiddle player in the house!?!?!?!?!

I resisted replying to this thread for a bit.

I was the drummer in the best band in WI that never got signed. Of course, that's my opinion. I hated the last band name we had, so I won't reveal it here. I mean I really hated it.

When we broke up we had over 30 original songs in less than two years with our last guitar player. The singer, bass player and I were in it from the beggining. We were tight. Not that really loose messy crap you hear live now. I could keep time like a clock.

Last two shows we played we opened for a Kiss tribute band in Green Bay. Great show. 2/3 thrashed and still rocked the place. Next day was a battle of the bands and got on TV. Bass player was just wasted and the guitar player and I looked at each other and said 'that's it' in the middle of the show. And still rocked out and won the crowd, just not the battle.

I'd love to get back in a band again. Do 80's metal covers and just have fun. I haven't really touched the drums in like 10 years though. I need a little woodshedding. Maybe if I can get a house in the near future. I was in it to win it back then, and I'd still be the same now.

Man I hate to quote Bobby Dall, but-"We didn't want to be musicians, we wanted to be rock stars"

By god I almost made it. I could touch it.

Funny story about Poison. They used to open their tours in Green Bay. Another local band hooked up with them on the Flesh and blood tour opening. Invited them over for Thanksgiving dinner or something like that. Had a jam session in the basement. The local band did one of their songs and TOTALLY blew them away. 18 yr old kids with some of their idols, and they just smoked 'em.

Did you know that the guitar players in Warrant didn't play on the first album? They were so bad that the label had a studio musician come in and do the guitar tracks. Warrant basically did covers of their first album. All that after ripping off the Cars.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Well, I haven't played with a set band in years, and have just been doing Jam Sessions at a couple of local blues joints... (you don't have to worry about how tight the band is when everyone is drunk and cryin the blues)

My first Real band in HS was Candyland Armagedon, which we changed to C'Mello A'Yello (I dont know why? it was funny at the time) between 30-40 songs all originalls but 1 or 2

the Bass player and I picked up a different guitarist and started playing great shows with a crappy singer who was later arrested and shipped back to Wash. DC. to stand trial for one of the many A$$hole things he did!!! DIE RICHARD GRIMES!!!

The Bass player faded away and Matt Jencik the guitar player and I picked up Mat Daly as a guitarist and a different Bass player who only lasted a short time... Matt J. then picked up the bass and we rocked out under the name Hurl we played a bunch of great shows opening for bands like Fugazi, Jawbox, All, Codeine, Seam, Wool, and countless others... we had a few recordings out when I decided to leave the band. the guys are still playing under a new name Taking Pictures... they are good guys and still Rock!!!