Quantcast

Banh Mi

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that has a good Vietnamese food, then you may be lucky enough to experience these awesome sandwiches. Cheap and good. I cannot say how much I enjoy them....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
:drool:
havent had one in months, I just so happen to being going to the asian market next week.
i think lunch is in order after I shop.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I had the special today. They made it from wagyu beef short rib meat and pickled cucumber and shredded brocolli stalk. I put a ton of Sarachi on it and the old lady snatched it off the counter and made me a new one. I was a little pissed but the guy in back interceded and made me a coffee shake that just rocked me hard. It turns out the folks that own the place are Korean and not Vietnamese. The gave me a big ass plate of Kimchee to go with my sandwich. They don't get many white customers so they watched me eat and laughed at me when I first tasted the Kimchee. I guess I made a face, I ate every bit of food on my plate though... It was so good I ordered one to go! They ran out of take away containers and served it on a plate instead. Very nice people.....

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Banh Mi Thit khia tommorow. I have to return the plate so....

Sad to say it was like bad Pastrami. Sticky rice was good. I think it's strange how they watch me eat. They take notes and ****...

Last edited:

Abstrakt51

Monkey
Oct 11, 2006
OC
I'm Viet but born and raised in CA. I'm a disgrace to my peoples. :(

If you're in OC, why haven't we ridden together yet? PM me your email and I'll add you to the email thread.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
If you are lucky enough to live somewhere that has a good Vietnamese food, then you may be lucky enough to experience these awesome sandwiches.
LOL... Not only do I live somewhere with good viet food, but I live in the place with probably the MOST Viet food. Orange County, CA

We have it all here... Pho, Cha Goi, Bun, Bon Mi

My favorites include:
Bun Tom Thit nuong cha goi (Rice noodles, bbq shrimp pork and an eggroll)
Pho Tai Nam (Pho with rare beef and brisket)
Catfish clay-pot
Fried squid
and the "loaf" of sweet potato (or Casava I believe) with whole shrimp in it served with the lettuce, mint carrot etc)

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
LOL... Not only do I live somewhere with good viet food, but I live in the place with probably the MOST Viet food. Orange County, CA

We have it all here... Pho, Cha Goi, Bun, Bon Mi

My favorites include:
Bun Tom Thit nuong cha goi (Rice noodles, bbq shrimp pork and an eggroll)
Pho Tai Nam (Pho with rare beef and brisket)
Catfish clay-pot
Fried squid
and the "loaf" of sweet potato (or Casava I believe) with whole shrimp in it served with the lettuce, mint carrot etc)
You're very lucky then...The family that runs the store I get my Bahn Mi from invited me to dinner at their awesome house. They are very big francophiles. Spare no expense on wine or food. We had beef and mushroom stew, awesome crepes stuffed with shrimp and fish. Must have been 10 courses. All magnificent. I hope they invite me back.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Mmmm, Vietnamese food. There is also a ton of it in the Bay Area, and I happen to live and work near two of the highest concentrations. I gobble a bahn mi at least once a week from Cam Huong, my go-to bahn mi joint in downtown Oakland. I usually go for grilled pork, with extra peppers. I go to other places nearby (work or my place) for Bun bowls and Pho. I never get tired of it.

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
delicious.

vermicelli, lettuce, herbs, sprouts, fish sauce, protein (i like bbqed shrimp)

Don't forget the cucumber and pickled radish/carrot mix!!

My favorite is:
Bun Tom Thit Nuong Cha Goi (translation below)
Noodle - Shrimp- BBq Pork- Eggroll

-BB-

Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Mmmm, Vietnamese food. There is also a ton of it in the Bay Area, and I happen to live and work near two of the highest concentrations. I gobble a bahn mi at least once a week from Cam Huong, my go-to bahn mi joint in downtown Oakland. I usually go for grilled pork, with extra peppers. I go to other places nearby (work or my place) for Bun bowls and Pho. I never get tired of it.
Do you ever hit up Tu-Lan?
It is a dive place on 6th and Market (SF). As long as you don't mind dodging Ho's pimps and drug dealers/users then it is a must-go. :thumb:

Still the best shrimp fried rice I've ever had. Also really dig the Cha-Goi and the spicy won-ton noodle soup. Oh, and of course the shrimp salad or chicken salad. Can't forget those!!