Quantcast

bank collapse '23

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Whelp, time to bury my 401k under the chicken coop. :twitch:
friend from highschool buries his money since what he does is illegal....

during growing season...lives in geodesic dome on the farm....in southern oregon...

off season...small house near arcata california...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I have co worker like that, but it's because he's a racist, MAGA hat wearing loon, screaming about the dangers of big government while he waits for his military career pension to kick in.
my friend.....never left cali after jerry died....on tour from the time he dropped out in 88 until whenever he kicked it.....was on tour more than he went to school...

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
that framing of the tea party is the selective revisionist history bullshit ever

I love the idiocy of neil kashkari being laid bare........prick

ya know I'm starting to doubt the efficacy of trickle down economics
tbh...

i nodded off about 15 minutes in...

as i do most of the time...

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I noted this as well, though to be fair it's a documentary about the banking system, not a tell all about american racism masquerading as "fiscal conservatism".
Well there IS an element of truth to what they presented. That was something ron paul and a few others initiated that very much was entirely based on FED handouts to banks that went nowhere for normal people. Then Dick Army, Fox news and the like co-opted it and it became what it became. Do you remember they initially called themselves tea baggers? :rofl:

They missed an opportunity to draw the parallels with occupy wall street which came from a lot of the same gripes. That very much deals with the banking system, the growing lack of faith in it, and would have fit nicely into the piece. Lack of faith in the system was very much an underlying thread.

But framing it like they did is like saying trump was elected exclusively over 'economic anxiety'......which they also kind of did. :banghead:

Last edited:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Offices are prisons.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, a friend of ours got her pink slip a few days ago from F.R. Before JPM stepped in. She’s a little bummed, as it was decently lucrative, but was classic workaholic culture. ‘Banker’s hours‘ we’re for the tellers.