Quantcast

Banned for being too good?

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i read that in yesterday's paper. sounds like he's in the wrong league:

"He is a very skilled player, a very hard thrower," Noble said. "There are a lot of beginners. This is not a high-powered league. This is a developmental league whose main purpose is to promote the sport."

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I never played Baseball, are there more advanced leagues for 9 year olds? I know there are club/travel teams for all kinds of sports but I don't recall at what ages they start at. I didn't start playing Club Lacrosse until I was 11ish.

dhmike

Turbo Monkey
Dec 20, 2006
Boise Idaho
i saw this crap on the news this moring and i agree with the joker lawsuit. sorry iab there's no hope for the bosox's this season. angels in '08 !

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I coached a team of scrubs in basketball, and there was one team that won I think every game in my league.

I respected them though because they played cleaned and they showed sportsmanship. But really, someone has to win and someone has to lose. As long as you don't cheat, no big deal to me.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Apparently his whole team was suspended from the league, not just him.
They weren't officially suspended, the league "disbanded" their team and was going to re-distribute the players among other teams in the league, minus the pitcher, unless he played a position other than pitcher.

This other team that they were supposed to play left the field and forfeited instead of playing when they saw he was pitching.

The kid hasn't hit anyone all season, he's just better than the others his age. It happens in all sports at some point. I think it's complete BS.