Quantcast

Banning the prom

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sounds good to me. Of course, i went to my prom for all of about 10 minutes and then left for a race, so what do I know. ridiculous waste of money. My limo: a friend's car held together by stickers, with 4 DH bikes on the roof.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
Why the **** are they trying to control kids outside of school? Whats next, every student has to have a GPS unit at all times and drug tests for all students?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
well if you think about it, by not having a prom they will prob prevent all of those kids involved from every having sex or drinking :rolleyes:

there are some things that people are gonna do nomatter what.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Sherpa said:
Why the **** are they trying to control kids outside of school? Whats next, every student has to have a GPS unit at all times and drug tests for all students?
There is a difference between trying to control the kids and being a catalyst for their party.

They can still go do whatever... sounds like the parents don't care.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
they had breathalizers at the door this year at prom at my old HS

pretty funny since 2 years ago my friend came in drunk haha

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
captainpolution said:
they had breathalizers at the door this year at prom at my old HS

pretty funny since 2 years ago my friend came in drunk haha
Sounds like you go to a school full of pvssys. If they tried to breathalizer test our school at prom, football games, etc. there would be a riot and people would get hurt.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
biker3 said:
People who don't get owned 24/7 on the internet. Ridemonkey to be more specific.

I dont know of too many people who go to the actuall prom for more than ten minutes. The after proms where its at.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Sherpa said:
Sounds like you go to a school full of pvssys. If they tried to breathalizer test our school at prom, football games, etc. there would be a riot and people would get hurt.
Sounds like you go to a school full of a**holes who are full of themselves.

It's a friggin' school dance. I went to both of my proms completely sober and had a great time. I've gone plenty of places completely drunk and had a great time. You don't have to be drunk to have a great time.

The school dance is not the place to get drunk, and breathalizers at the door often prevent a lot of problems inside.

Get drunk after the prom. There's no reason to go wasted. If you go wasted, hey, I'm not judging, but labeling a sober school as being "full of pussys" is stupid.

The school doesn't want their dance to be, as Slugman so aptly put it, a catalyst for the pre- and post-prom parties. If the principal can't control their dance and feels that it contributes significantly to problems outside the school, then I'd say he probably made the right decision to cancel it. It has nothing to do with controlling what they do with their free time, and everything to do with reducing the probability that there will be problems.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
In the first post on this I quoted the principal on exactly why he did it.

"It is not primarily the sex/booze/drugs that surround this event, as problematic as they might be; it is rather the flaunting of affluence, assuming exaggerated expenses, a pursuit of vanity for vanity's sake -- in a word, financial decadence," Hoagland said, fed up with what he called the "bacchanalian aspects."

"Each year it gets worse -- becomes more exaggerated, more expensive, more emotionally traumatic," he said.

"We are withdrawing from the battle and allowing the parents full responsibility. [Kellenberg] is willing to sponsor a prom, but not an orgy."

I never went to a Prom(and I'm damn glad), BUT, the way I see it: They think they're sending the students some "BIG-MESSAGE", but this is just gonna make the majoritty, say: The Prom is allready gone, so "FVCK-IT, LETS GO PARTY"!!!!! :nuts:
And this is going to make them party: "EVEN HARDER"!!!!!
Case in point: "GOOD DEED GONE BADD"!!!(oh well) :rolleyes:

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Yeah, I was just gonna say I bet they're gonna party anyway. Except the party will start earlier when the prom would usually be and it will last longer and in the end it will be more of a problem. Hahaha. You can't control everything. :rolleyes: I go to dances sometimes but I really dont know why.

Kopiklokoli

Monkey
Jul 31, 2004
Nor Cal, of course
At all my school dances there is at least one teacher that has to go through the dance floor filled with students and make sure no one is having sex. Yes they have found people. That may seem like something that would be hard to pull off without being noticed, but there are probably 1000+ kids at these dances so if you wanted to you could get lost in the crowd easily.

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
prom pick up line:

-lick your finger and touch her dress-
-then lick your finger again and touch your coat-
then say "how 'bout we get these wet cloths off."

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Sherpa said:
na i dont even go there anymoer cause my bitch ass graduated

Discostu

Monkey
Nov 15, 2003
Crazy. I was watching the simpsons treehouse of horror XI right when I opened this thread and while i was reading the article Chief Wiggum said, "This looks like the work of rowdy teens. Lou cancel the prom."

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
i'm in total agreement with peteydag on this one It shouldn't de a matter of how drunk you get because a hangover is a hangover the competition should be who got drunk on the most expensive stuff, personaly I arriverd with ten limos a $15,000 bottle of wine and some overpriced hookers then while everyone was doing jello shots I was doing caviar. so suck on that.

By the way does anybody know a good bankrupcy lawer?

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
i don't know if you guys know this but if the kids get introuble going between or home from a school advent the school is to blame. But don't get me wrong it sucks i heard that this policy is going to spread to almost all of them all around the usa

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
laura said:
I think i was on crystal meth. good times.
:eek:

I hated dances, but I went to the Sadie Hawkens and both proms. Results were me shutting them down, getting shut down myself, and g/f on the third try. Good times, but no crystal meth :think:

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
thats just crazy, our school granted was kinda ghetto but nice at the same time didnt care as long as you a) stayed under control b) were not one of the bad kids or c) if you wernt driving. they wouldnt bust you for drinking. kids will spend tons of money on prom. i have been to 5 or 6 now through different high school starting as a sophmore and when i had to pay **** got real expensive.
limo- minimum of 120 up to 500 a couple (our senior prom price)
food- at least 30 bucks a couple (went to a couple of really really nice restaurants with some loaded girls who paid upwards of 200 for both of us minus drinks there)
booze-at least 100
hotel room- 40-200
corage(sp?)-35
tux rental-???

**** adds up real fast. prom's are some of the things i liked best about high school. getting dressed up, drinkin with all your buddies, hot date, fun parties, knockin the boots in a hotel room with said date or her friend.

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
dexter said:
. prom's are some of the things i liked best about high school. getting dressed up, drinkin with all your buddies, hot date, fun parties, knockin the boots in a hotel room with said date or her friend.
for me, thats among the finest things in life.....

T-Pirate

RESPECT!
Sep 28, 2003
Boone, NC/N. Greenville county, SC
Sherpa said:

Yeah for real....I don't go to school functions NOT funked up. Its always good to see all your teachers taking tickets at the gate when you're ripped out of your skull.

Sherpa

Basking in fail.
Jan 28, 2004
Arkansaw
T-Pirate said:
Yeah for real....I don't go to school functions NOT funked up. Its always good to see all your teachers taking tickets at the gate when you're ripped out of your skull.
:thumb: :thumb:

robdamanii

OMG! <3 Tom Brady!
May 2, 2005
Out of my mind, back in a moment.
maxyedor said:
i'm in total agreement with peteydag on this one It shouldn't de a matter of how drunk you get because a hangover is a hangover the competition should be who got drunk on the most expensive stuff, personaly I arriverd with ten limos a $15,000 bottle of wine and some overpriced hookers then while everyone was doing jello shots I was doing caviar. so suck on that.

By the way does anybody know a good bankrupcy lawer?
Howabout an english teacher...

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
kinghami3 said:
:eek:

I hated dances, but I went to the Sadie Hawkens and both proms. Results were me shutting them down, getting shut down myself, and g/f on the third try. Good times, but no crystal meth :think:
should have used the :rolleyes: . it seemed like good times at 18, it was most def. not good times.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Our prom (in a badass SF hotel) had policemen at the door. Many a breathylizer was to be seen around the doors as well. We all left after about an hour, went to our hotel room across the street, and quickly realized that our window was at the same height as the windows looking out of the social room of the prom. We waved at the assistant principle, the most strict person I've met my whole life, and when he started waving back, my friend put and open fifth of Captain Mo's in my hand. He had a handle of Bacardi in his. Needless to say, we started to pound them while still waving at the assistant principle. He was not happy, but we didn't break any rules, only the law!

Later the police showed up in our hall way to "arrest" us, but in SF no one cares about abunch of drunk rich kids drinking in a hotel room. That was a good night.