Quantcast

Banno Rules and I bet his prostate is healthy.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
Now I read that something in the region of 90% of men who die aged over 50 have enlarged prostates; many even have a kind of non-fatal cancer (benign I guess but that was unclear) of the prostate.

I also have a life assurance policy that pays out should I suffer any critical illness, apparently including any form of cancer.

So... I have been thinking that perhaps I should be asking my doctor for a prostate check even thought I'm not suffering any symptoms as most men don't. However the process is rather off-putting. Still the money would be nice...

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
fluff said:
However the process is rather off-putting. Still the money would be nice...
Aw, heck. With enough KY you can fit a bowling ball up your ass. What's wrong with a finger or two if it means payola?

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
fluff said:
Now I read that something in the region of 90% of men who die aged over 50 have enlarged prostates; many even have a kind of non-fatal cancer (benign I guess but that was unclear) of the prostate.
My dad was just diagnosed with prostate cancer on monday. You're right; basically every man that is dead, and didn't die of prostate cancer, has it. And apparently after the age of 20 almost all men start developing abnormal cells in/around their prostate. These cells can eventually become cancer.

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
fuzzynutz said:
My dad was just diagnosed with prostate cancer on monday. You're right; basically every man that is dead, and didn't die of prostate cancer, has it. And apparently after the age of 20 almost all men start developing abnormal cells in/around their prostate. These cells can eventually become cancer.
Sorry to hear about your father, hopefully it can be treated. I wish him and you well.

fuzzynutz

Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
Chicagoland
fluff said:
Sorry to hear about your father, hopefully it can be treated. I wish him and you well.
Thanks.

A robot is going to operate on him. I guess it's the latest/greatest technology and is supposed to completely remove the prostate and tumor without all the side affects of the old procedure.

I guess the old procedure was leaving men without the ability to control their blatter (think, now you have to wear a diaper), and with no ability to get an erection. :mumble: Apparently this robot solves all those issues.

We have a DVD about the robot performing the procedure. I'll watch it tonight and find out more.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
fuzzynutz said:
Thanks.

A robot is going to operate on him. I guess it's the latest/greatest technology and is supposed to completely remove the prostate and tumor without all the side affects of the old procedure.

I guess the old procedure was leaving men without the ability to control their blatter (think, now you have to wear a diaper), and with no ability to get an erection. :mumble: Apparently this robot solves all those issues.

We have a DVD about the robot performing the procedure. I'll watch it tonight and find out more.
Better a robot than a ninja. Ninjas are known to flip out and kill people. Not a good thing when messing with one's prostate.

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
Not that it's the same thing....but when I had appendix out part of my diagnosis was to have a lower GI scan. In order to do that in a emergency situation they put a tube up there and fill you with fluid. I can tell you right now that it was very uncomfortable and I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

They equipment they used appeared to be bigger than a finger but smaller than two. But if they were going to pay me $100k or so I may think about doing it again.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
jdschall said:
I hear Chuck Norris is both the cause of and cure to cancer.
Chuck Norris is a fairy.

I pimp slapped his mother, and all he could do was cry. Like a sniveling little girl.