Quantcast

Banshee Amp

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Beech Mtn Definitely NOT Boulder
Thinking about building one of these up for DJ/DS/4X.

If I pull the trigger I'm building it super blingy with mostly Deity and E.13 components. I want to do 1x9.

Anybody here have one? Thoughts..? I've had limited riding time on one but as soon as I started pedaling I knew I had to have one at some point.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
Don't have any personal experience, but it looks like a nice frame. Love the raw color.

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
Yeah I love the raw color too. I want to try to build it with minimal powdercoat. A full raw/ano build would look sick imo. The wheelset I plan on putting on it is black powdercoat but I'm going to try to keep the rest of the components ano, probably a purple/green combo.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
IMO there are better frames you can get, up to you which one you choose, but it wouldnt be at the top of my list. Try deity, atomlab, superco, ect

just an opinion of course-never ridden one

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
I have been looking into a deity cryptkeeper as well, but it seems too bmx-like for my taste. I want a dirt jumper frame that still rides like a mountain bike. Right now I have an 06 Scott Voltage and I love it but it's on its last legs and a new one is out of my budget.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
If you want a cheaper frame for dirts you cant go wrong with dartmoor. Their prices are awesome and the geo is dialled. Their alu bikes took some cues from the amp. Im a big banshee fan and I would be torn but dartmoor here is waay cheaper. Probably when I have the cash I will sell my old steel bric and go with a new 26player (though mostly because it will be 1/3 of the price)

sstalder5

Turbo Monkey
Aug 20, 2008
I don't want a steel frame. I have ridden 5 or 6 steel dirt jumpers and I didn't like the feel of any of them nearly as much as the voltage or the amp. And I"m also racing this bike so the lighter the better.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I don't want a steel frame. I have ridden 5 or 6 steel dirt jumpers and I didn't like the feel of any of them nearly as much as the voltage or the amp. And I"m also racing this bike so the lighter the better.
Than dartmoor will be lighter than the banshee

Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
I think the amp looks better but its also obvious it is more expensive to produce(and for me - a student not worth the exra price). Here a ton of people use dartmoor frames (since the producer is also the distributor the prices are even cheaper) and almost all of them are happy. Some posers like to complain about it because they started from not the best products but they are really legit right now. Their single speed fully is also quite cheap(700$ w/o shock here, probably a bit more in the us due to extra level of distribution) and is a blast to ride. Rode an early proto from a friend and it is an awesome little bike.

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
This amp looks better than all of those listed above imo. Love the raw/clean look. Click to view large.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
one of the guys that rides with us locally rides this exact bike, it looks fantastic in person and I am an absolute maniac for keeping my bikes clean looking...