Quantcast

Banshee Legend MK II Built

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Killer look. As Frango said - green stickers. Also - clear tape the green pain on the frame. It does not like crashes.
Hope you like it, I love mine.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Its a Large. You get 1 stripe on the seattube for S, 2 for M and 3 for L ;)
Yeah thats right a LG! Did a fast 3 runs today felt pretty good. Gonna try and go out again tomorrow for some rockier terrain. Will do real studio shots next week. I need to ditch the MAXLE on the rear. As soon as the Ti Axle is available I am grabbing one.:thumb:

Lelandjt

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2008
Breckenridge, CO/Lahaina,HI
Is that the same frame the Geronimo team was racing? Their color scheme made it look like a Walmart bike but this looks a lot nicer. They are obviously capable of flying through turns, as evidenced by B Bueller's win in our chainless MSC finale.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Is that the same frame the Geronimo team was racing? Their color scheme made it look like a Walmart bike but this looks a lot nicer. They are obviously capable of flying through turns, as evidenced by B Bueller's win in our chainless MSC finale.
Banshee guys should update their site more often. This is a 2010 paint - you get the team red, this or white red (same as this but black goes to white and green goes red). For 2011 you have polish/black and team blue(same as Geronimo 2010 but blue not red) if Im not wrong.

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
the blue color is amazing! hehe, took her for a couple of runs yesterday with some bigger hits. I up the air pressure in the shock to 180 and full bottom out closed with 3/5 high speed compression out, felt real good. It pushes you to go even faster. I hit 45 foot gap yesterday as if nothing, so nice!

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Banshee guys should update their site more often. This is a 2010 paint - you get the team red, this or white red (same as this but black goes to white and green goes red). For 2011 you have polish/black and team blue(same as Geronimo 2010 but blue not red) if Im not wrong.
Just a color swap for 2011 I think? Geo is still the same.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
The team has broken a few this season and some hubs don't hold up well to the step down design of them.

Wa-Aw

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Philippines
How much do you weigh? I've run a maxle on my scythe for quite awhile with no problems. This is with a quite sturdy and relatively heavy I9 hub though. When you say you say "break them" do you mean break the lever/tightening mechanism or snap the axle itself?

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
How much do you weigh? I've run a maxle on my scythe for quite awhile with no problems. This is with a quite sturdy and relatively heavy I9 hub though. When you say you say "break them" do you mean break the lever/tightening mechanism or snap the axle itself?
I weigh about 210. Its not me I am concerned about axle snapping. The team riders I saw maybe weighed 160. It would be our faster riders and also interface issues with DT, or Hope hubs down the road.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Nice bike,how are you liking the fork ???? Wat are your impressions so far ??
All of us LOVE the fork. One tester has a 2010 Boxxer WC, anther a 2010 Fox 40 and a third has a 2008 Fox 40. All want a Dorado now after riding it.:thumb:

roel_koel

Monkey
Mar 26, 2003
London,England
Hope have reworked their Pro II 150 x 12 hub axle to solve this problem with the Maxle Lite rear axle

riders using the Maxle Lite with the existing Pro II hub have been swapped out to the original "Maxle" without the weight reduction machining, to prevent this problem happening

its not just limited to Hope hubs, we have seen DT Swiss and Reverse (steel axle) hubs broken by the Maxle Lite

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Yeah I dont bring tire irons and pumps with me on DH rides. I dont need a QR rear for the bike. For sure gonna run the TI axle when available. Good to know about the hubs thanks.

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Stoked to see you finally got yours! Enjoy, she's a very fun ride. :thumb:
Yeah thanks have had it a little while now. Just finally got the ANGLESET to build it up with! Felt good did a few fast runs on Saturday.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Not to start a flamefest, but isnt this a jedi without the rearwards? (yes i know there are alot of smaller differences-I'm talking about the big picture)

ianjenn

Turbo Monkey
Sep 12, 2006
SLO
Not to start a flamefest, but isnt this a jedi without the rearwards? (yes i know there are alot of smaller differences-I'm talking about the big picture)
No it is closer to a VPP design got this from Keith's master thesis on the suspension design.

"3. DESIGN OF NEW SUSPENSION LINKAGE In order to achieve the best possible suspension characteristics without having to pay for use of a licensed patent, a new suspension linkage had to be developed. Firstly a new concept had to be conceived which would not infringe on current designs, hence the study of current design patents had to be carefully read and understood. The concept then had to be developed taking into account all the factors that can affect the suspension linkage performance as summarised in section 2.2. 3.1.Concepts of New Linkage Designs It proved very difficult to design a new linkage that had desirable characteristics without infringing patents as there are a large number of both effective and redundant protected designs. However, after discussion with Banshee Bikes it was decided to explore concepts based on the virtual pivot point principle, due to the potential benefits offered by the polynomial axle path. The patent covering the VPP used by Santa Cruz and Intense cycles(11) is quite specific allowing for variation on the design without infringement, whilst still getting the beneficial suspension characteristics if designed correctly."

About 1/2 way down.
http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com/search/label/Legend

Last edited:

karpi

Monkey
Apr 17, 2006
Santiasco, Chile
at a close look, I would say yes, but keith has been developing the bike for the last 4-5 years so I doubt it. Either way, almost everything is similar to something else... so what?

Mine works flawlessly. I cassed a huge jump today, could have landed any softer!

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
It is pretty rearward for a non idler bike ;) It looks similar and I think when the first renders of the legend came out people here pointed it out and someone suggested that the canfield guys already know about it, dont know the reaction.

Though I have to say a jedi without its crazy rearwards is not really a jedi. Wouldnt you say? ;)