Quantcast

banshee legend MK2

DHROB92

Chimp
Dec 28, 2010
hi ive recently got a banshee legend mk2 with a cane creek double barrel just wondering if anyone with a similar setup would care to share their set up
cheers for any help

Pslide

Turbo Monkey
Wow, this is a can of worms. Depends totally on what you like. I evaluated 4 different shocks on my Mk1: CCDB old tune, CCDB new tune, DHX 5.0 and RC4. The CCDB that they sell now has a wider range of damping, and now it's actually possible to set it up "underdamped" for a lively feel, which is what I prefer. So here is a comparison of attributes that I judged for the different shocks and setups (1-10 scale, 10 being best):

I went back and dug through some correspondence i had with Keith and CCDB back when we were working on recommended settings. These are the recommended starting settings from Cane Creek for the MkII:

I found the above very overdamped on my Mk1.

My "overdamped" settings on my Mk1 were:

Spring weight: 325
Preload Turns: 5
LSC (from closed): 14
HSC (from closed): 2.25
LSR (from closed): 16
HSR (from closed): 2

All that said, I actually prefer my underdamped settings, which I don't have on me at the moment. But I bumped up my spring rate to 400 lbs and backed way off the LSC and slightly off the HSC. I think my LSC went to like 2 clicks from full open.

I'm sure you're utterly confused now, but hey, you bought a CCDB, welcome to the club!

EDIT: Just a note on sag, the Legend is pretty sensitive to the sag point in terms of how well it accelerates. If you want a lot of anti-squat for better pedalling, run less sag - closer to 30%. Once you get towards 40% the bike starts to feel lethargic IMO.

Last edited: