Quantcast

Banshee Legend

Speedwa

Chimp
Jul 24, 2008
PNW
Er yeah, or Karpiel ripoff, or PDC ripoff, or World Force ripoff, or Trek ripoff, or any-number-of-other-vaguely-similar-looking-bikes ripoff. It doesn't copy or infringe the DW-link patents because despite having a vaguely similar looking layout, the performance characteristics are significantly different. The axle path is more rearwards and the centre of curvature position and motion is completely different to any DW-link bike for starters. How do I know? Because obviously unlike yourself, I've read the patents and mapped both the Legend and the Sunday out. I also happen to be one of the few people who've ridden both, and I can verify that the ride characteristics are noticeably different.

In short: kindly shut your trap when you have no idea what you're talking about.
Could you compare the ride/performance characteristics between the Legend and Sunday for us?

Patan-DH

Monkey
Jun 9, 2007
Patagonia
Er yeah, or Karpiel ripoff, or PDC ripoff, or World Force ripoff, or Trek ripoff, or any-number-of-other-vaguely-similar-looking-bikes ripoff. It doesn't copy or infringe the DW-link patents because despite having a vaguely similar looking layout, the performance characteristics are significantly different. The axle path is more rearwards and the centre of curvature position and motion is completely different to any DW-link bike for starters. How do I know? Because obviously unlike yourself, I've read the patents and mapped both the Legend and the Sunday out. I also happen to be one of the few people who've ridden both, and I can verify that the ride characteristics are noticeably different.

In short: kindly shut your trap when you have no idea what you're talking about.
I was not stating anything, just asking.....

I'm not a virtual pivot nerd, just a rider.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Nope, making fun of cheap Jews a long time American tradition.
Don't Jews run/own America? gotta get some back when the doors a bit open, helps to keep some pride, while your getting ........

Sunday feels more nimble but legend is better in the rough?
What size was your Sunday Socket?

Last edited:

Steve M

Turbo Monkey
Mar 3, 2007
Whistler
Could you compare the ride/performance characteristics between the Legend and Sunday for us?
I can, however this feedback is meant for Banshee first and foremost, and until I get their OK, I'm not going to go into details publicly - PM me if you really want. Part of this is because we're being used as guinea pigs to iron out any bugs and refine the geometry/suspension for production. Not trying to hide anything here, there are a few niggles, but it's not fair of me to post minor issues in public (that you know some idiot is going to exaggerate wildly and spread rumours about) when the whole point of me having the bike is to help Banshee find and fix any issues and make any possible improvements before it's released to the general public. In short, this bike is still within the R&D stage, it's not yet a "finished product".

All I'll say right now is that I'm pretty stoked with the bike as a whole, though I feel there is potential for improvement in some areas too. It's the kind of bike you can just jump on and go fast (or at least that's how I found it, as did a mate of mine who also has one), it's an easy bike to ride.

NSM: I keep telling you, I didn't own a sunday, I just rode about half a dozen of my mates' ones.

Last edited:

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
I keep telling you, I didn't own a sunday
Say that all you want, you're still just a slave to the corporate machine duuude. Take my advice, sell that consumerist boxxer and use sticks instead, they're all natural and better for the environment... don't give into the hype maaan.

no skid marks

Monkey
Jan 15, 2006
ACT Australia
Get your plunger out of the Socket UDI.
I'll get the new Boxxers the second I can, I just won't get the matching fanboy jump suit and hat, and say what I'm told, the new Boxxers technically sound as good or better than anything.
Banshie looks sweet too.

Last edited:

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
I thought I'd drag up an old thread instead of starting a new one. I was out with a buddy taking a few shots of his new Banshee Legend on the weekend. This is the first one I've seen and it's bloody sweet. The biggest thing I noticed was how incredibly quiet it was on the trails.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
I'm currently waiting on my legend to get to my house can't wait, i get the feeling with my 888 up front the thing should be nothin but smooth as butta

davet

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
8" Boxxer and there's 8" of clearance. The headtube is very short on the Legend as well it's 1.5" and he's using internal reducers.

He wants the front end as low as possible.

Dean W

Chimp
Nov 26, 2008
I'm the Buddy in the pictures.

The Legend is a small and I am running the e.13 reducers with a FSA internal headset. This allows me to have a lot of options for adjusting the headangle of the bike, also I am shorter than most (5'5") so a tall front end would suck.

I cannot remember how long the head tube is but I will post up the length when I get home and have a look.

The bike is simply amazing and as Socket mentioned it is a bike anyone can throw a leg over and ride fast. The learning curve is non existent.

The bike jumps quite well and rails corners exceedingly well. It's like you get popped out of the corners and is great at pumping through them when you can't pedal.

Jumping a bike with a super low center of gravity is the only thing that you will notice is different with the Legend.

Pedaling this bike is where it shines more than any DH bike I've tried. When you mash on the pedals, you really get propelled forward...FAST.

acair422

Monkey
Aug 20, 2003
ahhhh your not making my waiting process any easier! haha although i'm stoked to hear that my frame to be is as good as i had hoped, i ordered a medium (i'm pushin 5'10) so that should be the right size, combined with the sunline headset that is basically flat my front end should stay pretty low (can always adjust the travel on my fork and drop it a little more)