Quantcast

Banshee Scream?

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
You pretty much got it. Heavy but tough. A few guys around here had them a couple years ago. I think they determined they were a bit much for the freeride stuff we ride around here.

Mar 21, 2007
I ride a Banshee Chaparral with a triple clamp which is still pretty beefy but not to heavy for stuff around here. A buddy of mine rides a scream and its by far the heaviest thing on the trails but will take a beating. I think the toughness of the bike makes up for the weight and if its strictly downhill you should be fine but thats just my thoughts on it

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
You live in knoxville...get a real downhill bike and you'll be much happier at windrock.

Yeah but if you do, make sure you check with Mulestar here, he is the authority on what a real downhill bike is!! :brows:

Just a joke MULESTAR Dont get your panties all in a wad over it!!!!:cheers:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Yeah but if you do, make sure you check with Mulestar here, he is the authority on what a real downhill bike is!! :brows:
I don't know about that John, mulestar's bike is held together with duct tape and zip ties. :pirate2:

really though, I don't think I've ever seen a Scream that is under 45lbs. Not that its bad though... it definitely won't break

Jun 11, 2004
i am waiting on the dougites to chime in...............
I'm sure they will choose something like this over the Scream.

I haven't had the distinction of being made a "dougite," but I would rather be on one of these over the Scream as well.............especially living so close to The Rock!

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
I'm sure they will choose something like this over the Scream.

I haven't had the distinction of being made a "dougite," but I would rather be on one of these over the Scream as well.............especially living so close to The Rock!
thats a given that the morewood minions would pick their frame,and i would love one,but the problem being that Morewoods are really nice frames with a really nice frame price tag, screams are on sale for less than half what the MSRP is of the Izimu, i could wait for the Glory's to come in stock, but they are on a boat right now.......what about a bullit?

JohnBoy

Monkey
Jan 15, 2007
Bullits are great bikes its definatley not a DH race bike, but a good all around frame indeed. Its a good do anything bike.

Jun 11, 2004
Bullits are great bikes its definatley not a DH race bike, but a good all around frame indeed. Its a good do anything bike.
Totally agree.....I rode a Bullit for four years. Its not the best climber or descender, but can do both fairly well. Nice bike......I loved mine!

Mulestar

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2007
in the dirt
Yeah, with a scream you give up the versatility that makes "freeride" bikes so much fun. If you're out of the travel and weight range which can be (semi) efficiently pedalled uphill, you might as well be on a full-on DH race bike. If that's not your cup of tea, I think a bullit or vpfree, 7point, etc would be a better decision.

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
What about the transition blindside? i love the company, the guys that work there are great, we tried to pick them up a few years ago but it didnt work out seeing that we sell a lot of high end road sleds. My current bike is a giant reign x, its an awesome bike, and what i will probally take to windrock until i get this other bike going, i dont care to walk down stuff. its actually a pretty stout bike, but freaking giant will void the warranty if i put a dual crown on it, and in order to get the head angle more slack i would need the inchage of the DC, i dont want to run the rear sag down so far that its riding deep into the stroke

hamburglar13

Chimp
Nov 4, 2007
Knoxville
I have been riding a giant reign x up at windrock for a while now. I just threw a 66 on it and a few other tweaks and it has been great. With the 180mm of travel up front it changes the head angle just about a degree.

huckaduck

Chimp
Mar 23, 2008
Scruffy city
john is that you? i love my giant, and would love a glory dh, but they 1. are not in stock in a frameset or my size, 2. freaking bikes are expensive even with employee purchase. i plan on putting a totem on the reign x, or a 66, and i am going to pick up a blindside from kevin when they get into the country, i guess i will run my 888 on my reign until i get the bindside in.