Quantcast

Bar ends: who uses them and which ones ?

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
they seem to go in and out of vogue and it appears they are becomming a little more popular for the XC set now that you get some really small and light ones.

I've got some chopped down Tioga ones, but was thinking of getting something a bit more exotic...quite like those new Roox MCX or something......

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I threw some of the Cane Creek Ergos on when I was using my bike for both XC and commuting. They're not the lightest but they're comfy and I like how they center your grip over the bar.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
No doubt, I've got about 5 pair sitting around, one of those being purple anodized. Anyone wanna buy some Trek OCLV bar ends?
Damn! You know it... :D

I haven't used bar ends for years - I went to odi grips and no longer had room for them. I took them off and never missed them even though I do a lot of climbing.

EDIT: no room because of bar width - I like my shifter at a particular width.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by rockracing
those singletrack ones look trick are they strong enough ?

[/IMG]
the single tracks are nice, i've had my pair since 00 and they are running fine. i like em a lot, doesn't hurt that the owners of the company are good friends of mine :D

Squeak

Get your pork here.
Sep 26, 2001
COlo style
Originally posted by rockracing
saw those at the LBS today, what they like, well I suppose like any other short straight bar......

anyway you happy with them, no problems ?
No problems. I have them on two bikes, both with WCS bars. I was worried about the bars being too weak on the ends but have not had a problem.

I use them all the time on long climbs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
WOW. You must know all the important people. ;)

Originally posted by indieboy
the single tracks are nice, i've had my pair since 00 and they are running fine. i like em a lot, doesn't hurt that the owners of the company are good friends of mine :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Serial Midget
WOW. You must know all the important people. ;)
i've known em before they started up the company. a cool couple out of athens, ga that i've been racing w/ for a while now. so keep those smart ass comments to yourself punk :D

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Oh, I thought I detected an established pattern. Anyhow I know a guy who cuts meat. ;)

Originally posted by indieboy
i've known em before they started up the company. a cool couple out of athens, ga that i've been racing w/ for a while now. so keep those smart ass comments to yourself punk :D

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Oh, I thought I detected an established pattern. Anyhow I know I guy who beats meat. ;)
man you are a godsend to johnson & johnson :devil: :devil: :devil:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I use Icon's - I'm limited with the kind I can have with my special MaxM handlebars. They are nice to have for the long climbs we have around here.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
No doubt, I've got about 5 pair sitting around, one of those being purple anodized. Anyone wanna buy some Trek OCLV bar ends?
All bar ends should be purple ano.