bar extensions!!!!!

Discussion in 'California & Hawaii' started by lukebikes, Dec 30, 2007.

1. lukebikes

lukebikes Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    hey for all you people seeking for wider bars, i can solve that problem. i make bar extensions for any bars. send me an email if interested in a set

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Total Heckler

Total Heckler Beer and Bike Enthusiast

Rep/Likes:
    11 / 18
    Where are you located? Might be interested at some point depending on price.

3. RideRMB

RideRMB Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Sounds like a SCAM! I'll believe it when I see feeback from others.

4. lukebikes

lukebikes Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    hey im located in the east bay. .the extensions are going for 15.95. w/o shipping. but i frequently ride the ucsc trails and will be down there within the next week i suspect

5. MattP.

MattP. Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Pics or anything?

6. Jensen

Jensen Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    do you do custom length extensions? Im lookin for a little more on my 29" sunlines. PM me with where your located in the EB and if you have pics. thanks

7. lukebikes

lukebikes Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    yes, i will make custom length extensions for your bars. im located in benicia. I will try and get some pics up soon. thanks

8. FrontRangeDH

FrontRangeDH Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Why add the extra weight, get a weaker bar, and run the risk of something like that snapping? why not just buy wider bars to begin with? They will be stronger, lighter and wont be fabbed up in some guys garage. Deity is going to have their Dirty 30's out in a week or so, just go for something like that, unless you need your teeth rearranged

9. lukebikes

lukebikes Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    The extensions weigh next to nothing. and When runing them with lock on grips there not going to snap. If anything the bar will snap at the inside end of the lock on grip not the extension

10. WODIE

WODIE Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Some DH pros (cant remember who it was at the moment) actually ride with extended bars for added stability at high speeds. Dont bash the guy for doing what hes doing. If you dont need bar extensions then dont get them but they're legit.

11. ol_cletus

ol_cletus Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I just extended my easton carbon DH bars by about 10 inches! I used to just run my ODI lock on grips wide and only bolt the inside clamp. It was sick. It added some much needed torque and shock absorbtion to my Fox 40. So anyways i was wondering if you could run bar ends on these new extensions because thats the only downside to my own newest DH bar extension- I can't run bar ends. If anyone wants to check out what I have made- just imagine a cut off quill stem @ the end of your bar. Check em out @ www.uraturdinc.com
    See ya at Nationals.

Thanks for being a pioneer.

Cheers

12. FrontRangeDH

FrontRangeDH Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    I know Rennie did before wide enough bars were available, but now they are. I am not bashing on the guy, I was just saying why rig something up when you can just get new bars

13. lukebikes

lukebikes Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    here is a photo of the extensions i did on some easton monkey lite CT2's. i've also done aluminum bars too.

14. FrontRangeDH

FrontRangeDH Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    Dude, those look clean. While I would prefer to just buy a bar with the proper width, if I couldnt find something with the proper sweep or rise in a wide bar and had a bar I really liked just wanted wider, I'd send em to you....NICE