Quantcast

bar height

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm just changing up my fork and trying to figure out where i want the bars to be. My bars felt too low before, but my new fork is about 2" higher AC than my old, so now I'm worried that I may have to remove all my headset spacers AND buy a lower-rise bar possibly.

Would some of you mind posting this info for me. thanks!

your height:
your bar height from ground:
BB height:
fork brand and travel or A-C:
crank length:
wheelsize: 24 or 26
terrain you ride: dirt, street, park or combo of those

less important stuff:
stem rise & stack height:
spacers under stem:
bar rise:

the dimensions on our bikes are irrelevant to you. you are assuming that we all like the same feel in a bike that you do (which i'm sure isn't even close to the case) if the bars feel to tall, change something up. if they feel just right, rock that shizz...

FWIW - in about 30 years of biking, i've never taken a bike measurement (or weight) in my life (i couldn't tell you a thing about any of my current bikes). they are only needed if you plan on making excuses for your lack of ability...

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
6'1"
after 27 years of riding i know that i like a tall front end setup.
on my 20"s i've got my grips around 36" or 37" off the ground. (to center of grip tube)
on the 24": 38" off the ground
and on the 26": 40" off the ground.

skiplie

Chimp
Sep 27, 2006
not true, that just means you have to take your bike to a shop to get it fixed, and you have no idea what you are doing when you buy new parts for the bicycle. knowing about your bike saves a lot of money from trips to the bike shop

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
height: 6'
bar height from ground: 38.5
BB height: 11.75
fork: rigid, 17.25 A2C
crank length: 175
wheelsize: 26
terrain you ride: dirt, street, park
stem: Azonic Shorty Deluxe
spacers under stem: 3/8"
bar rise: 2.5

Holy crap, I must really suck. :biggrin:

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
2" dif. in fork A-C is a LOT!

Might be more relevant to measure bar height from the center of the axle too... instead of the ground. Leaves out having to discuss the size and volume of each tire everyone here runs.

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
if you felt your bars were too low before the switch,
just see how they feel after the switch, and adjust accordingly?
if you have 2" rise bars now, a 1" rise bar with the new fork is just 1" higher. no?

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
yeah the AC diff is from going from an 80mm fox vanilla 32 to an Argyle.

... I know how to set my bike up to what feels right for me, but was curious to see how others are running their setups, particularly for DJ.

thx y'all
-r