Quantcast

Bar Height

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
So I just put together a new M9, coming from a 951 I was surprised the head Tube was much shorter on the M9. I am wondering if I should keep my original bar height of the 951 which would have me put another 10mm spacer under the top crown of my 40.

The M9 is somewhat of a different bike so I am curious if I should try the lower bar height, this would require me to lower the top crown of my 40 10mm of course which I do not believe to be an issue

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I'd keep the old bar height and use a spacer. I went the non spacer way and felt akward with my bars being really low. The bike felt shorter. Used some spacers and it's much better with neutral bar height.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Bar height depends on SO many different things........bb height (your baseline body position), headangle and reach (how much you want/need to weight the front of the bike), change in angles from differences in front and rear tires, suspension setup and whether there's a foreward or rearward bias in how the bike sags on the trail........

Just go ride it with whatever you have and figure out if you want to change it.

StunZeeD

Monkey
Feb 6, 2007
PNW
Bar height depends on SO many different things........bb height (your baseline body position), headangle and reach (how much you want/need to weight the front of the bike), change in angles from differences in front and rear tires, suspension setup and whether there's a foreward or rearward bias in how the bike sags on the trail........

Just go ride it with whatever you have and figure out if you want to change it.
I hear ya, the geo on the m9 is very similar to the 951, although the BB is about 1/2 higher then 951 which I am not sure how it will be since its a longer travel bike where I may be sitting into the suspension more

I was just trying to get some feedback as I am testing it out at stevens pass this weekend so wanted to go as dialed as possible

Last edited: