Quantcast

Bar question?

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
Has anyone ridden something like Black Market Bada Bing 3" bars or the big NS bars or something like those? I have some giant width bars on my Riot right now with spacers underneath, but I don't think I really need super wide bars and I want to ride something a little taller with no spacers. I've never seen the big bars in person, so I'm not 100% sure what to do. Think they're too tall for 26" wheels, I'm only 5'9"?

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
3" bars on a 26" and your 5-9" does not sound like it would be comfortable. I am the same height and I like a 2" rise like a Deity Twenty14 bar. However if the stem is very low you may want that and probably compensating with the spacers.. Sort of depends on the combination of fork travel and stem set-up.

Most of the big bars are 25.4mm or even 22.2 (BMX) sized clamps. What are you currently runing? I just got NemPro 2.7" bars for my Molly. First ride will be tomorrow...

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
depends on stack height, fork length etc. I hate the bada bings. they flex like crazy (you can see them flex if you take your feet off the pedals and push down!)

Li'l Dave

Monkey
Jan 10, 2002
San Jose, CA
I have 100mm Fox fork, and I want to run it with no spacers below the stem. The new bar is supposed to be better than the old one, not sure exactly what that means though.

A Grove

Monkey
Nov 20, 2007
State College, PA
It all comes down to preference, really. I ride two-sixes with 3.25 weezy's and I LOVE them. Hops are so much easier and same with manuals. Also have tried 2" and 50mm hussefelts. so far, weezy's win.