Quantcast

bar/stem combo

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
what do ya'll think of this bar/stem combo (1pc) for 24,26? welded bar/stem. might be more popular than khe anchor setup they have for bmx. let me have it. btw i'm inquiring for a friend not on this site. he's thinking of doing this project. thanks

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
what do ya'll think of this bar/stem combo (1pc) for 24,26? welded bar/stem. might be more popular than khe anchor setup they have for bmx. let me have it. btw i'm inquiring for a friend not on this site. he's thinking of doing this project. thanks
am i wrong, but would his design above mean it would be a zero reach stem?? like the pro flatlander michael steingraber bar/stem combo? hard to tell from the drawing...

this one looks like it has normal reach:

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm with WCH.

I've not had whatever problem it is you are trying to solve with this design. Like - what's the point?

Also, not enough upsweep for my tastes.

jerseydirt

Turbo Monkey
May 6, 2007
dirty jerz
That would have too much flex, you would need a more gradual rise, you never want sharp corners on a bike, everything needs to be somewhat rounded. Also, shouldn't the part that rises be thicker?

arcadecycles

Chimp
Dec 3, 2008
Thanks for the input guys, i appreciate it. As far as fixing a problem, i wasnt going for that. Just wanted to try something personally and figured i would post them to see what people thought. I mean this idea has been used before KHE/Dragonfly, But have never seen it used on a MTB bar. So i wanted to put something out there and see what kind of reaction i got, i will probably make a couple protos and see how they feel, We have been in business for a little over a year now and just try to some different things. This is just something i wanted to try and i appreciate all the feedback, Thanks