Quantcast

Barack and Hillary on 60 Minutes

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I watched the end of the Barack interview and the entire Hillary one.

He made the point that in a contest between himself and McCain, independent voters will mull it over, but one against Hillary and McCain, voters would be totally against her.

In Hillary's interview, one thing I noticed was how many shots of her meeting-n-greeting young women, who seemed in rock star awe of her.

Besides hammering in the "Ready on Day 1", she did say one thing which I thought was notable: she complimented Barack on inspiring young voters to join the Democratic party, but she implied those voters were going to her when she wins the nomination....

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I tend to agree with Obama. It seems that there are a lot of Hillary haters out there and I think that she will cause a lot of people to "vote against her" rather than voting for someone they want.

I would hate to see McCain win because it's "not her".

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
One thing is that thank god both of them are smart. Our current president is dumb as a post.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I tend to agree with Obama. It seems that there are a lot of Hillary haters out there and I think that she will cause a lot of people to "vote against her" rather than voting for someone they want.

I would hate to see McCain win because it's "not her".
I hope Obama gets the nomination for that reason. Hillary is a love her, hate her type of person and there isn't much middle ground

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
the kid gloves were definitely on for hillary. did you see the favorable editing so it would look like she never stammered? i guess this was to offset the hard questions she got up front.

i found the pennies/nickels story slightly more intriguing.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
the kid gloves were definitely on for hillary. did you see the favorable editing so it would look like she never stammered? i guess this was to offset the hard questions she got up front.

i found the pennies/nickels story slightly more intriguing.
I'm not bothered by that kind of interviewing. I knew that when Couric asked a question, Hillary probably took a few moments before answering it.

I am sure Obama received the same treatment.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I don't want Hillary as president, but it would be really, really funny to watch the drama queens freak out if she gets elected.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I don't want Hillary as president, but it would be really, really funny to watch the drama queens freak out if she gets elected.
for anyone else who has an affinity for war pr0n, this is hand in glove