Quantcast

Barbara Bush: Things Working Out 'Very Well' for Poor Evacuees from New Orleans

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
DRB said:
I was surprised about this and wonder if there is more to the quote. It isn't like her to screw up like that.
With the "(chuckles slightly)" comment in stinkyboy's link, it sounds like she was doing her best to make light of the situation, cheer folks up with a little humor... I'd have to hear the actual recording to know, but I'd say she failed miserably.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Saw an evacuee on the tele at lunchtime who was excited at the opportunity to do some traveling out of New Orleans. She said she always wanted to see the country but couldn't afford it... so in some instances, I'd say Mama Bush was right on.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
N8 said:
Saw an evacuee on the tele at lunchtime who was excited at the opportunity to do some traveling out of New Orleans. She said she always wanted to see the country but couldn't afford it... so in some instances, I'd say Mama Bush was right on.
:stosh:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
Just curious, did this evacuee say she was excited to travel away from New Orleans, or LEAVE New Orleans...

And even if this evacuee thought the hurricane was her chance to visit Houston, a $60 bus ride from New Orleans, does Barbara Bush think the other 80,000 people (as well as the 400,000 others who left before the hurricane) are happy at this opportunity to travel?

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
sanjuro said:
Just curious, did this evacuee say she was excited to travel away from New Orleans, or LEAVE New Orleans...

And even if this evacuee thought the hurricane was her chance to visit Houston, a $60 bus ride from New Orleans, does Barbara Bush think the other 80,000 people (as well as the 400,000 others who left before the hurricane) are happy at this opportunity to travel?

She was happy to travel... of course if I was an impoverished citizen of New Orleans I'd be damn happy for any trip out that hell hole.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
N8 said:
She was happy to travel... of course if I was an impoverished citizen of New Orleans I'd be damn happy for any trip out that hell hole.
This isn't the Krewe Of Aspen here (the local residents who ski instead of hanging around for Mardi Gras). She left because it was either suffer and die or evacuate.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
Whoops. It took me a couple of atricles to realize they were talking about Barbara and not Laura. I'm now less surprised at the F-up.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Barb said:
Then she added: "What I’m hearing which is sort of
scary is they all want to stay in Texas.
Everyone is
so overwhelmed by the hospitality.
HA!
The Bush's need :help:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This guy makes a good point......

Some people are confusing International and Domestic Aid agencies with the US Government. The US Government has not asked for any help, while also stating that no offer will be refused. The Red Cross and Salvation Army are asking EVERYONE for donations so that they can provide immediate food and shelter to the people affected by this tragedy. Don't let your hatred of the current administration blind you to the plight of your fellow man.
Richard Gantes, Yuba City, California, US

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
N8 said:
Have you ever disagreed with any of the Bush family?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Slugman said:
Have you ever disagreed with any of the Bush family?
Why should N8 have to? He still has his family and his house. Since when did this Country become one where we had to care for, and empathize with our fellow man?

:think:

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
I think there might be a difference between putting a happy face on a bad situation, and actually being happy about having your home destroyed; family, friends and pets endangered and in many cases killed; and life turned upside down.