Quantcast

Barspin tips

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
so i've figured out how to do barspins while manualing, and the bruses on the inside of my knees are killing me, how hard is it get them in the air? do i still need to pinch my seat like with no handers, or not, since you only let go of the bars for half a second? should i wear a cup in case i land with the bars 90 degrees short? any tips from experinced riders? thanks.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I'm not doing bunnyhop barspins yet but the ones I'm doing jra, I'm not pinching the saddle anymore...I think I've progressed a little. working towards doing them off ledges and such...

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
pinching or not is a personal preference. I pinch.

if you can spin your bars and catch them on the ground ok, then you CAN do them in the air. it's usually easier on a flyout or step up. just do the same thing you do on the ground. concentrate, don't get scared.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
I've only progressed as far as bunny hopping and barspinning, not over a jump yet. But I don not pinch the seat when I'm barspinning. I think it's do to the fact that I'm leaning more towards the front and keeping the bars underneather my head. When you're doing a no-hander your throwing the bike forward and standing more up right, so you need your knees to catch your bike and keep it underneath you.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
I stand corrected :rolleyes: I was out riding earlier, and little do I know, i do actually pinch my seat when I barspin. Never realized it until I thought about it i guess :help:

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
I have yet to try one off a jump, but Ive progressed to smal drops and the liike, I tried starting off curbs and have progressed to liek 2' retaining walls, I dont know if it helps at all but it builds confidence.