Quantcast

Barspins are made by the devil

Dirtjumper999

Turbo Monkey
Feb 13, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Been working on barspins all winter. After dialing them on the trampoline bike bus drivers, double bars, bar to x-up, I can do them with my eyes closed; I figure its just a matter of getting into the right position to throw the bars. For the life of me, I can't seem to level out enough on my bike to throw them in the air. I am not afraid of crashing, I just can't get in the right position. I can get them on flat ground. It's really starting to get into my head to the point where I am pissed off while I am trying them, and I hate that. As with most tricks, I am sure there is one thing I am overlooking. Everyone seems to have different methods of getting them down. Any ideas?

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
So I take it you are wanting to throw the bars while airing out of a quarter to the top deck? In that case when airing out I pull up a little extra leaving the coping and then level out while tossing em. The same way when doing hop bars, I pull up a little more than my regular b-hops and throw the bars. Technically you don't have to be as level as you think you do. The more comf you get the cleaner they'll get like any other trick. The biggest obstacle I had was trusting that I was reaching the position to throw em. I always kept telling myself, arg it's not enough so I wouldn't let go. Then after getting really mad at myself I started tossing em.