Quantcast

barspins?

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
whats the best and easiest was to do and learn barspins?

i been trying off small jumps and while doing manuels and stalls, but im havin trouble, help!

btw on a mtb not bmx bike

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
pull up into a slow manual, pinch the seat with your legs and spin the bars. make sure when you let go you are not hovering over the bars when holding the seat with your legs, you need to lean back enough to keep the front wheel up. I learned them first by riding along slowly, grabbing the nose of seat with one hand, pulling the front end up and then throwing the bar spin. its pretty easy to do that that way.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
I've had good luck with: 1. Dropping my left hand to my left hip so that it is out of the way 2.spinning the bar with my right hand and following it the whole way around, rolling the right grip over the knuckles of my hand so that the bar is never out of my control. I tried "throwing" it - but lost control of the bar (and the bike) doing this.

s1ngletrack

Monkey
Aug 17, 2004
Denver
Also, as the bar rotates past your left hip, bring your left hand over in front of your seat so that it will automatically catch the left grip on it way back around into it's normal position

UCSBrian

Chimp
Mar 11, 2002
seattle
Its not rocket science. Its easiest to learn rolling along slowly as was already said. Set the seat so its in a spot on your leg where you can grasp it tightly with your legs. then just pinch lean and throw.

and then pray, because you are gonne be falling for a little bit.

heh

b

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
That reminds me, we went to Wall-mart the other night, and started riding the BMX bikes around the store, i would have stuck a bar-spin manual, but the brakes didnt work on the bike and i looped out...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
do them in manuals first, once you find your balance point, quickly rotate the bars, 90 degrees, so that your handlebars are even with you toptube. take your left hand (if you are throwing your bars from right to left, and your right hand is doing the work) off the bars, and cross it over your right hand with your palm out. (the back of your hands should be facing each other) This way when the bar spins around it will land in your left palm, and should land on the grip since your hands are lined up. continue to spin the bar around with your right hand quickly, and as far around as you can go. When you can rotate the bar any further let go, and let the bar rotate around into your left palm. now continue to rotate the bar with your left hand, and grab the other grip with your right hand, and you will have successfully done a bar spin. do them on flat first then off curbs, before you know it you'll be throwing them in all over the place. Once you get really good at them try them over a jump that lands to flat, when you have that down then try them over a double.