Quantcast

Baseball and beer trip to Baltimore

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Since going to Boston for a Red Sox game has become impossible and expensive, MBC and I took to the road to see a couple of Orioles games in Baltimore. The entire cost of the trip is cheaper than buying tickets for the Red Sox from Stubhub.com...even more so when we split the gas expenses with another couple and they hook us up with free lodging (hooray hotel points!). :) We had a blast.

Anyway, a few pics...

The view from our seats. Club level (second deck) front row.

Orioles Park

I had a crabcake sandwich at the Friday game and it was awesome.

Johnny Unitas has got nothing on MBC

Some sort of Mountain Dew challenge thing is happening in a couple of weeks and they were setting up venues around town.

Beers are on the house when MBC is tending the bar. :)

We stopped in this place before the games for BEER. The place is called the Wharf Rat and they brew their own.

See? Beer. The many colors.

A guy at the visitors' center at the wharf told us about a bar called Max's in Fells Point...a two mile walk or short water taxi ride. Since it was hotter than hell, we took the water taxi (no walking and COOL). It just so happened each person who takes the water taxi gets a free round of beer at Max's. HOORAY FREE BEER!

Max's...some sort of Beeradvocate.com Top 50 Place to Have a Beer or something. Best bar I've been in by far.

The list of beers on tap at Max's. I was so excited it actually frightened MBC a bit.

Beer and food at Max's:

And MBC picked up a shirt there! (reads, "Beer, now cheaper than gas!") As if you need another reason to buy beer.

Smoking cigars is bad. It turned this dog into wood.

And another baseball pic from the game last night. Two very good games, too!

We had a blast but are tired as hell from the many beers and many miles on the road.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Awesome. Jenn and I went to Camden Yards with her parents and had a great time - it's a really cool stadium and we found lots of microbreweries there, too!

Funny, we ate at the Wharf Rat as well. I have the exact same picture :thumb:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Nice trip recap right there! I'm jealous. Of all the ballparks in the US - Camden Yards is where I want to go the most. Maybe I'll take the kids there in a few years.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sweet trip! Baltimore looks like a cool town.
All that beer would have made me gassy as hell.

badphish

Monkey
Feb 28, 2008
One problem , The Sox are in Cincinnati!
We drove from Charlotte to Cincy for the Saturday game. Youk's home run landed 3 feet away from my seat. The guy sitting in front of me caught it. Where was I? In the bathroom because I had too many Guinnesses. I came out in time to see Coco rounding second base after his homer. We watched the video highlight when we got home and saw my wife jumping up and down with her foam finger.

And completely unrelated, the couple sitting behind us flew in from Nashua NH, where we lived before Charlotte. Small world.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
MBC and her friend were taking some crap from Orioles fans for wearing their Red Sox stuff. "Oh, I didn't know Boston was in town." "Booo Red Sox!" :rofl: Poor jealous Orioles fans. I doubt those fans would care if MBC was wearing a Blue Jays jersey. But we didn't care. We still cheered for the home team.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Sorry to change the subject, but I noticed Ruby Tuesday's is offering crab cake sandwiches now. Isn't it so easy to screw one up?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
You should have seen the Red Sox lose in Philadelphia. It's closer and the fans are friendlier.