Quantcast

Based on ticket prices, I don't think this will sell out.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Those aren't the actual ticket prices.

"Ticket Brokers" (ie; Scalpers) crack me up. Those shows (as far as I know) haven't even been officially announced yet. Although I have it on good authority tickets go onsale to the general public through Ticket Bastard on Aug. 5th. I might go.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
McGRP01 said:
"Ticket Brokers" (ie; Scalpers) crack me up.
Brokers are the only way to get Red Sox tickets now. Their prices are UN-FUGGIN-REAL. A typical $20 bleacher seat to see a crap visiting team on a TUESDAY will cost you $100. Pisses me off, man.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
That's why I boycott most concerts nowa days. Back in 1993 I went with a friend to get some Jimmy Buffet tickets, we were the second in line the day they went on sale. Time we got to the ticket desk, they said all they had was lawn seating and ALL the assigned seats were taken:confused: I said the tickets just went on sale 5 minutes ago? I was then told Ticket Brokers buy up all the good seats first, so I said Fu*k that and walked out. It's just a crock of BS!!!!!! I've been to maybe 5 concerts since because of this.

riderx

Monkey
Aug 14, 2001
Fredrock
dh girlie said:
Cream? WTF? They are so damn old I cannot remember who the band is made up of and what their big song was.
Oh, WTF right back at you dhgirlie. One big song? Cream wasn't one of these modern day one hit wonders. And they aren't much older than you! :devil: Hmm, maybe that is why you are having a hard time remembering :D

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
dh girlie said:
Cream? WTF? They are so damn old I cannot remember who the band is made up of and what their big song was.
:eek: Uhhhhh... clapton? (To name but one, the obvious one)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
the big song was "SWABLR".

actually, what riderx said. they have some good tunes. "Tales of Brave Ullysses" is a classic. people who pre-set classic rock stations on their radios should be familiar w/ "White Room".

it's the only music-related project that clapton is involved in that i can actually stomach.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
I haven't heard about them in years! And yeah, riderx...I think they have about 20+ years on me...I'm not really a big classic rock fan...
except for social d....

and it can be argued that they are neither "classic" or "rock".

:D

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
There seems to be no end to the number of stupid people who will pay outrageous prices just to say they were at a reunion concert. Present company excepted.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
narlus said:
except for social d....

I knew it was all over for Social D when my dad came out of the shower singing one of their songs. My dad is not the most hip fellow in the world.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Reactor said:
There seems to be no end to the number of stupid people who will pay outrageous prices just to say they were at a reunion concert. Present company excepted.
I heard on the radio last night that Pink Floyd was offered 175 million to tour the US and turned it down.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
except for social d....

Well...I think even Mike Ness is 15 years younger than those fossils in cream...I hope they can remember the chords and the words to songs...HAHAHA...

I'm going to see Sir-mix-a-lot tonight...last time I saw him I got up on stage and sang baby got back with him and we had our arms around each other...HAHAHAHAHA!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
dh girlie said:
Well...I think even Mike Ness is 15 years younger than those fossils in cream...I hope they can remember the chords and the words to songs...HAHAHA...

I'm going to see Sir-mix-a-lot tonight...last time I saw him I got up on stage and sang baby got back with him and we had our arms around each other...HAHAHAHAHA!
Put em against the glass!!!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Ahh brokers... okay. I was about to rant like mad about ticketmaster. But I have seen these broker prick's screw jobs before.

Last Phish show I saw in Kansas City, I had to settle for lawn seats when I had ordered my tickets from TM not 30 seconds after they went on sale. THe next day I got online to see WTF had happened, and I noticed that the brokers had bought up all the good seats, I dont know how, but they were ALL on sale through brokers at $300+.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
dh girlie said:
They've already played a couple shows in England and were fantastic from what I've heard.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
narlus said:
cream. i think they played the royal albert hall.
Correct.

Royal Albert Hall - London

May 2, 2005

I'm So Glad
Spoonful
Outside Woman Blues
Pressed Rat and Warthog
Sleepy Time Time
N.S.U.
Badge
Politician
Sweet Wine