Quantcast

Bass Lake, CA

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Are there any riding around bass lake? I like most everything- shuttle fr trails, dj, xc trails (agressive if there are), skateparks, etc. I am probably going there next weekend.

I would have put this a CA forum, but they are inactive.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Search for the 007 trail and you should find out some info about Bass lake.

My guess is its going to be a little too cold and wet to ride there right now.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Ok, thanks.

I'm fine with cold- that why they made jeans and swaeatshirts. I just don't like hot becasue you can take off all your clothes and you would stil be hot.

For wet...I hope there is a hose at the hotel..

wydopen

Turbo Monkey
Jan 16, 2005
yea 007 is a fun trail but it might be snowed in or at least the road that goes to the top...

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Don't go screwing up 007 because you are set on riding in bad conditions. That is disrespectful. If its snowed in, muddy and messy, don't ride it. You aren't going to be there to fix the damage in the spring are you?

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
mtnbrider said:
bikenweed said the climb is fun. Maybe I will climb it once (this way I can see what there is) and the shuttle the rest of the time.
bikenweed thinks a cup-o-noodles is a solid meal. You give him two chainring bolts he acts like it was friggin' Christmas.
You have to take everything that kid say's with a grain of salt.
And, we rode the road to the top, not the trail. But it was fun.

mtnbrider said:
I haven't really ridden in snow- that could be fun!
Riding (especially climbing) in snow is like riding in really deep, loose sand. Except when you put your foot down it gets wet and cold. And if you crash, your whole body gets wet and cold.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I saw some pictures on a website and then read about climbing up the road; I think i'll shuttle.

I doubt it will be muddy, I looked at the forcast for the week and everything is clear.

It looks like a really fun trail!

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Cup of noodles plus any citric fruit equals massive eruptions. From all holes. Take note next time you snack at 4am before a 8am final exam. Cup of noodles does keep you awake, and citric fruit is great for breakfast, but 4 hours is not enough time between both activities.

P.S. I accidently got some poop on the front of my yeti and it blended right in.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
hhahahahhahahaa.......

When I was about 10, eating breakfast before school, I was eating pineapple. After I ate that, I threw up so much. It's goood I got to the sink quick.
-Pinepple and milk don't mix-