Quantcast

Basso Suspended by Discovery

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
That's totally surprising/shocking. No wonder Discovery is dropping out at the end of the year...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
When's the confession? Either by Basso or the rest of his doper buddies on Discovery?

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Somewhere Leipheimer is doing the cabbage patch.

Yeah for real. He was pretty diplomatic about them signing Basso but you know he wanted to be the designated Tour leader. Now maybe it's his year to finally get the support he's wanted.

Still, I keep thinking Vino for July. He's been building slowly this year and even though his game is not as well-rounded he has more of a killer instinct than Levi.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
Yeah for real. He was pretty diplomatic about them signing Basso but you know he wanted to be the designated Tour leader. Now maybe it's his year to finally get the support he's wanted.

Still, I keep thinking Vino for July. He's been building slowly this year and even though his game is not as well-rounded he has more of a killer instinct than Levi.
1. Beloki
2. Vino

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Beloki? Did someone hit you in the head with a sledgehammer?
Beloki's career has been over since he highsided.
He's toast.

As far as who will win this year, this is the first year that I honestly do not care. Road cycling now reminds me of the football league in
"The Last Boy Scout." I am waiting on one of them to pull out a gun and start shooting their competition on the decisive climb.
It would be one thing if this Puerto Investigation busted a bunch of them and then they threw them out and kept going. But the way these things drag on and on is killing the sport.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Last I heard Beloki doesn't have a team for this year and is considering retirement. I think his career was over the moment he crashed. He's been (understandably) milking it for a while but the writing is on the wall. I mean, I like the idea of a big comeback and all but I don't think so. Besides, Vino would probably tackle him on the Champs if it came down to 1-2 like that.

Jeremy, I hear you. It really sucks how badly the sport has been damaged. "Who can race?" is now at least as important as "who can win?"

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
I used to be able to brush off all this doping stuff and enjoy the sport for what it is, but it now seems that the drama of the courtroom and the lab have become more decisive and intriguing than the races themselves. It's sad and annoying that such a wonderful sport is being killed by itself. I still follow all the races, but it's harder for me to enjoy them with all the doubt. I guess I'm just a little slower than most people to come to this point...

Edit: I love Vino. I wouldn't mind seeing him go for the Tour win. Not that I care about the Tour that much, but I Vino is my boy.