Quantcast

Batch renaming of files in Win7

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
I know there's a way to do this.......

I've got folders upon folders of picture files from a canon slr that numbers images from 0001 to 9999 and then flips over again. When this flip occurs, a new internal folder is created. What ends up happening is that I get one sequence that at some point goes from 9999 to 0001. These are timelapses so the image number and order matters. My editing software doesn't recognize this as a continuous sequence any more. Is there a way to just replace the text of 0001 with 10001? All I need to do is a batch replace of "IMG_0" with "IMG_10"

File names look like this IMG_0332.CR2

The editing software doesn't care about an extra digit added, it just needs to look like a continious, upwardly counting sequence.

profro

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2002
Walden Ridge
When do you need it? I could write it in LabVIEW. The problem is that you'll need drivers for LabVIEW's runtime engine. I can provide these in an installer along with the program, but could be more trouble than its worth for you. If you run this more than once it should be fine to have the run-time engine on your computer. But you could always uninstall and reinstall every time you needed it.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Jesus christ, I go away for 5 minutes and you build rome.

But yeah that's the file structure and I'd definitely use it more than once.

Hit me, let's see how it works.

Thanks a bunch man!

jesus, I just looked at the time stamps of your posts :rofl: Program much?