Quantcast

Bathroom reno pics

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
narlus posted his a while ago and I've finally got around to taking some of my completed project. This is a tiny bathroom and I didn't really have room to fit much in the pics. Basically, stripped the room to the studs, new tile in the shower/tub, all new plumbing throughout, new toilet, new vanity/sink/countertop, added a vent/fan and removed a window that looked into an enclosed porch. New fixtures, outlets, moulding, ceramic floor tile (replacing linoleum), mirror, light fixture and door hardware were also part of the project.

Can you tell this house was built in the '60s?
Before #1

It was always very dark in there (before #2)

Before #3, this shower/tub had two sets of knobs and I never did figure out why. It has had an annoying shelf below the shower head that would collect water and let it drip through to the basement.

After #1

After #2

After #3

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
maxyedor said:
Is it bad that I really liked the blue tile? I like the new stuff too.
To each their own - you probably would have like the pale green tile I took out of the upstairs bath the last year :) Sorry, no before pics of that one.

Thanks for the comments guys. I do one or more of these projects every winter and I'm always very eager going in to them before I get worn out. It's nice to see it all done in the end though. Next winter, I'm taking on the kitchen.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Nice. I love DIY stuff. my parents are working on their master bath now and it has come full circle from the decor of 1987 when the house was built. Looks good.