Quantcast

Batman Begins

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Since i enjoy Christopher Nolans directing skills in pychological thrillers such as Memento and Insomnia, i was actually pretty excited to hear about him being involved in the new movie. i never watched the last one with the Guvenator, after Tim Burton stopped directing them, they just got way too cheeseball. But definately this one is the best of them all. In fact i'd go so far as to say besides the Road to Perdition, this is the smartest comic book yarn ever made.
Good flick. :thumb: :thumb:

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Really, I loved some of Burton's film's especially the lost boys. I also really enjoyed the batman with Uma in it "batman and robin" I thought that was the best one.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
As far as I'm concerned, "What other Batman movies."

It makes the other ones look like pooo.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
We saw it last night and really liked it a lot. Odd (cool) to see Gary Oldham has something other than a bad guy. I still like Keaton better but only just slightly. Bale was an excellent choice and would love to see him do more.

I think that (whether on purpose or not) you could see how the Bale Batman would evolve into the Keaton Batman. Older, wiser, slightly more jaded and not quite so serious.

I hope that they continue with this team in future versions.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I didn't like the "Batman Voice".

I thought Christian Bale was good, actually the whole cast is good.

I would have liked more from Cilian Murphy. I thought he was one of the best parts of the movie.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Saw Batman Sun (part of my daughter's Father's Day event).

Thoughts:
I really enjoyed the story and was glad it was not anywhere near as cartoonish as most of the other Batman flicks. The evolution of how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman was very well done. However, the last quarter of the flick was one big car-chase/explosion fest.

Question:
How come the Wayne Enterprises MicroWave weapon could vaporize all the water in the city's water lines by changing in to steam, yet, the human body which is something like 90% water was not effected at all. Someone should have thought that thru a little more.

Cool Gadgets:
The Batmobile

Peteydag

Monkey
Sep 19, 2004
the FC
i heard this was mad good, but i never really liekd that kidna ****, and my firend is liek way into it, and he loved it, do u ahve to knwo about comics and everytihng to liek it??

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
I was fairly impressed. I miss Tim Burton on this one though...

Oh - and the batman voice - apparently (I need to rewatch the first Batman's) but what's-is-name does the batman voice too...seemed kinda odd, but I think I remember that too from the original Batman.

Also some glaring indescrepancies...I think this one was made to be more in line with the comic books, whereas the original Batman was made more for it's "popular" appeal...for example...The dude who kills Batman's dad...I won't say more cuz some of you may not have seen it yet.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Peteydag said:
i heard this was mad good, but i never really liekd that kidna ****, and my firend is liek way into it, and he loved it, do u ahve to knwo about comics and everytihng to liek it??

Please tell me you like are 6 years old.... because, like, that's like about the only age group that can misspell 'like' so many times.

N8 said:
Saw Batman Sun (part of my daughter's Father's Day event).

Thoughts:
I really enjoyed the story and was glad it was not anywhere near as cartoonish as most of the other Batman flicks. The evolution of how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman was very well done. However, the last quarter of the flick was one big car-chase/explosion fest.

Question:
How come the Wayne Enterprises MicroWave weapon could vaporize all the water in the city's water lines by changing in to steam, yet, the human body which is something like 90% water was not effected at all. Someone should have thought that thru a little more.

Cool Gadgets:
The Batmobile
Who cares it was a great movie.

Sep 18, 2004
virginia.......
N8 said:
Question:

well its a movie....so everything is not supposed to be completely scientifically exact. Like how does he soar/hover in just that cape, and how come the roof didnt collapse when he dropped from 30 feet and drove a 5 ton tank on the roof. Questions like this could go on forever...its best just to forget about it and enjoy the movie. O and the body is made up of 60% - 70% of water depending on the persons biological structure :)