Quantcast

Battlefield 3

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Well this is probably ultra on pc but it still looks good on playstation as well. Xbox looks the same but you need an install to get the same high res textures.
Allways played COD but it started to feel repetative. MW3 is more like MW2.5 and I didnt really like MW2 that much with all the overkill killstreaks...

BF3 is slower paced, bigger maps and a bit more realistic then MW and Im loving it so far.
Will definitly help me survive during the first month that im home in my 4.5 month winter holiday :D

j.les

Monkey
Jul 21, 2007
Chicago
I play on PC.

I like it better than MW games. CoD is all about overpowered kill streaks, where B3 is more about teamwork and strategy.

I am terrible at it though, but it's still fun as hell. My soldier's name is crispybacon666, feel free to add me and see how bad I am.

jekyll991

Monkey
Nov 30, 2009
Belfry, KY
I play on PC.

I like it better than MW games. CoD is all about overpowered kill streaks, where B3 is more about teamwork and strategy.

I am terrible at it though, but it's still fun as hell. My soldier's name is crispybacon666, feel free to add me and see how bad I am.
This.. I haven't played BF3 because I'm too cheap to buy new games anymore and I don't have the time, but with BC2 I know the only time I done well is when I joined up with a squad of people who actually played as a team, as in healed/revived, threw supply crates etc.

Lack of mic. communication without vent is lame though, especially when team work is vital.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Im not half as good in BF as i was in COD.
Still trying to run and gun my was out of stuff which obviously doesnt work.
But even if Im not in the top 3 of the match I still enjoy it a lot, weather Im flying around in an f22 or just crawling around in bushes with my sniper rifle or capturing and defending objectives my my m4, im just having a blast...

M4 would be my favorite gun at the moment, ACOG or thermal scope ftw!

Matchew

Monkey
May 26, 2006
NH / Mass (ugh)
I'm playing on the ps3 as MdrnDayCtySympny. I got fed up with the crappy spawing, stupid perks, kill streaks and camping in COD games. The original modern warfare is still one of my favorite games for running in gunning because guns actually kill people in non hardcore mode and most of the maps are still really good.

In BF3 I'm a menace with the jets and engineer class. The only thing that I don't like about the multiplayer is that weapons don't do nearly enough damage in non-hardcore mode. I feel like if I light someone up with an M4 they shouldn't be able to dive behind a car and pop up with 3% health and kill me with a pistol while I reload. So I've just been playing the hardcore servers and been happy with not having a red marker over my head wherever I run because some kid hopped up on Mountain Dew constantly mashes the select button.

-->EDIT: WOW just watched that trailer and the PC graphics blow consoles out of the water. I'm on a 50" 1080p Sony tv and the resolution doesn't even come close. That and 64player rooms make me wish I had the cash for a nice gaming PC and monitor.

Last edited:
Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
Just got it on PC. i7, 12gb ram, gtx 560... All so I can listen to 13 year olds throw around the 'n' word like it's 1865.

I'm kdiegert in case you want to pwn me.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I'm mass-whole on the ps3 hc servers.
Larger maps would be nice but it's fun regardless.

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I bought it on Sat and have been doing the Campaign on hard. The game is fun but I prefer multiplayer, which I'll start tonight. I've been hooked since BF1942.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
I bought it on Sat and have been doing the Campaign on hard. The game is fun but I prefer multiplayer, which I'll start tonight. I've been hooked since BF1942.
Multiplayer is the only reason I own the BF games.
I haven't played single player longer than 30min between BFBC2 and BF3.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Played through the first 3 missions of the campaign and thought it was broken and buggy.
Luckily the multiplayer has far less issues.
Maps could have been bigger but for the 24 player matches on consoles they are big enough.
Ive had some annoying spawn kills but nothing too bad, and Im starting to get better using fighter planes.

Hardcore Rush and Hardcore Conquest FTW!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I own it... I've played MW3 for 3 days, and then I put in BF3. So frustrating, unorganized, everyone in vehicles randomly crashing and blowing sh!t up. Hardly anyone to be seen otherwise.

It's a great idea on a grand scale, but on the console it's just a huge fail.

MW3 has the formula down and is much more fun. I'll be selling my copy of BF in the next few days.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
Sounds like youve been playing a different game then me, or you dont get the id of BF.
Its not the same game as MW. Its not the same formula and its not a huge fail.

Vehicles crashing randomly and blowing **** up? Well its still a new game and its really hard to control the vehicles such as jets and helis. Its not like in MW where u push X and 5 apaches come flying over and kill everyone on auto pilot, this actually has a learning curve and takes some effort to get into.

You only randomly even see people? Maybe thats because some maps are twice the size as all MW maps
combined.
Some people actually prefer this over the shooting range arcade style of MW...

I love MW and it does everything its supposed to do and unfortunatly for me a bit more these days.
Im not a fan of overpowered killstreaks and weapons. I dont like the small unrealistic lasergame type of maps anymore after playing them for such a long time in the earlier MWs or CODs.
In stead i now prefer the slower paced strategy that comes into play in BF.
Its the allmost perfect cross between Operation Flashpoint and MW for me.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Sounds like youve been playing a different game then me, or you dont get the id of BF.
Its not the same game as MW. Its not the same formula and its not a huge fail.

Vehicles crashing randomly and blowing **** up? Well its still a new game and its really hard to control the vehicles such as jets and helis. Its not like in MW where u push X and 5 apaches come flying over and kill everyone on auto pilot, this actually has a learning curve and takes some effort to get into.

You only randomly even see people? Maybe thats because some maps are twice the size as all MW maps
combined.
Some people actually prefer this over the shooting range arcade style of MW...

I love MW and it does everything its supposed to do and unfortunatly for me a bit more these days.
Im not a fan of overpowered killstreaks and weapons. I dont like the small unrealistic lasergame type of maps anymore after playing them for such a long time in the earlier MWs or CODs.
In stead i now prefer the slower paced strategy that comes into play in BF.
Its the allmost perfect cross between Operation Flashpoint and MW for me.

operation flashpoint was probably the worst game ive ever played. im glad it only cost $15 when i got it

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
2 problems with BF3 (1) people don't cooperate or communicate, making the game very frustrating. (2) on the console the maps are too large for such a small amount of players.

On the PC this is probably a much better game, larger teams... but like I said above... on the Xbox it's not a good idea.

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
2 problems with BF3 (1) people don't cooperate or communicate, making the game very frustrating. (2) on the console the maps are too large for such a small amount of players.

On the PC this is probably a much better game, larger teams... but like I said above... on the Xbox it's not a good idea.
Thats why I play on hardcore servers and/or with friends...
Maps are smaller then PC and motivate squad based teamwork imo!