Quantcast

Battlestar galactica!

freakrock

Monkey
Aug 19, 2005
Santiago de Chile
damn i love this fraking show!
It is by far the best i've ever seen.
If you haven't heared about it and you like sciense fiction you should definitelly google it (or just buy it somewhere).If you like shows like lost or heroes you should give this one a try too; i assure you you'll be asking yourself how could you have missed such an amazing series for so long. . .

I wonder if there are any other monkeys who like it as much as i do and would like to share some thoughts about it.
Any ideas about what is going to happen? 6 episodes to go an i've got no clue.:monkeydance:

PS: i know this thread is kind of useless, but i just saw the latest aired episode and felt the need to tell someone about the awesomeness of BSG

Last edited:

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
i think i have a feeling what will happen..

i new though that Earth wasnt going to be their savior...and i thought it was kind of obvious that Starbuck wasnt normal.

i got into the show a few months ago and watched all the seasons in a few days On Demand

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have not checked it out, but it's a big deal here.

That's what it feels like sitting among a packed house of "Battlestar Galactica" fans who gather Friday nights at the Bagdad Theater & Pub to watch the latest episode of the Sci Fi channel show on the big screen. Each week in the series' final season, KUFO radio personalities Cort and Fatboy are hosting screenings at the Bagdad. And everyone in the crowd seems to revel in the experience of geeking out over a show they love.

Even if you've never watched it, there's no mistaking the passion of "BSG" fans who, on a recent Friday, line up around the block an hour or more before the show starts. Wrapped in hooded jackets, knit caps, scarves and gloves over jeans and sneakers, the fans -- mainly in their 20s and 30s -- jabber excitedly about the show and its intricate mythology.
The executive producer is a Portland native.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Bumping.
Wife and I just finished the last 3 episodes last night after watching nothing else for probably the last month. What a fan-freaking-tastic show. Sad its over. :( Think I'm gonna watch it again. :nerd:

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali

NERDS!!!

Also fraking frak frak frak frak frakity fraking frak.

Hey look we made up a curse word that sounds like a real curse word but it's made up so we can say it all the fracking time, so cool.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I got to admit, the whole "frak" thing was a little over done. One of the last episodes (2nd to last?) I could have sworn Baltar dropped an actual F-bomb when talking to his father. That was about the only thing I found annoying, and did nothing to stop my love for the show however. Great great show.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
I'm over the whole "aliens look just like us so we don't have to cough up any money for makeup / special effects" thing. I can just imagine the scene in the director/producers office when they were coming up with it:

"Hey, I got an idea, lets have the aliens look just like people so then we don't have to spend money on costumes, makeup or special effects."
"That's a GREAT idea!! Then, as a major (and frequently occurring) plot twist, we'll have some of the main crew be Cylons....."
"...and not even know it!! That's brilliant, we can dry-hump this lame idea for as long as we want to, and people won't even know how mind-blowingly stupid it is."

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
I'm over the whole "aliens look just like us so we don't have to cough up any money for makeup / special effects" thing. I can just imagine the scene in the director/producers office when they were coming up with it:

"Hey, I got an idea, lets have the aliens look just like people so then we don't have to spend money on costumes, makeup or special effects."
"That's a GREAT idea!! Then, as a major (and frequently occurring) plot twist, we'll have some of the main crew be Cylons....."
"...and not even know it!! That's brilliant, we can dry-hump this lame idea for as long as we want to, and people won't even know how mind-blowingly stupid it is."
I should negatively rep you. :disgust1:

:p

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Did you ever take the time to watch an episode? It's not about humans vs aliens; it's humans v/s robots. . .
dictionary.com said:
al·ien [eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn]
–noun
1. a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization ( distinguished from citizen).
2. a foreigner.
3. a person who has been estranged or excluded.
4. a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial.
They're creatures from outer space who invade and destroyed the planet. Just because their backstory was that they were originally created by humans as robot slaves doesn't exactly change that fact.