Quantcast

Bay Area Beware

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Hey guys! After wrenching in shops for since 2007 I have finally decided to get a "semi" professional job. I took a job at Specialized as a VSC Technician.

Now, I have never lived outside of San Diego really, so this is a huge change for me and I am totally tripping about it. If any Bay Area monkeys have any recommendations for things to do, riding spots, good/bad breweries, etc let me know!

Just got up here last night. Feels crazy to be calling this place home now.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Soquel Demo, UCSC are the two best. Watch out for overzealous rangers in mid pen openspace and their stupid 15mph limit and radar guns. Adventure riding Henry Coe State park. Miles and miles of open back woods trails (bring a water filter). I'm in Livermore about an hour north of you. Los Gatos has some decent brew pubs as does Santa Cruz. Livermore is Wine Country with about a dozen brew pubs and a distillery.

Soquel Demo, UCSC are the two best. Watch out for overzealous rangers in mid pen openspace and their stupid 15mph limit and radar guns. Adventure riding Henry Coe State park. Miles and miles of open back woods trails (bring a water filter). I'm in Livermore about an hour north of you. Los Gatos has some decent brew pubs as does Santa Cruz. Livermore is Wine Country with about a dozen brew pubs and a distillery.
When I observed the rangers with the radar guns the experience simultaneously invoked projectile vomiting and the giggles. What I found interesting was that the ranger and those being ticketed were getting along just fine, business as usual.

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Awesome! thanks for the info.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
You might not freak too much at the price of life coming from San Diego, but the bay area is crazy.

Of course Portland was cheap as shit when I moved here from San Diego and now we are trying to be Seattle.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Hey guys! After wrenching in shops for since 2007 I have finally decided to get a "semi" professional job. I took a job at Specialized as a VSC Technician.

Now, I have never lived outside of San Diego really, so this is a huge change for me and I am totally tripping about it. If any Bay Area monkeys have any recommendations for things to do, riding spots, good/bad breweries, etc let me know!

Just got up here last night. Feels crazy to be calling this place home now.

Where in the Bay Area are you?

crashmtb

Chimp
Dec 14, 2020
Santa Cruz not really Bay Area, but for Thai food:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Downtown Campbell is nice and slightly more affordable than the rest of the area. FYI you can Road ride from there to Morgan hill mostly on a segregated bike path (Coyote Creek Bike path) that ends at anderson reservoir morgan hill. It also goes past the Helyer Velodrome