Quantcast

Bay area dirt jumpers and builders

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
They Have been doing a bunch of construction on highway 17 for a while now and I noticed at the pull out where Sugar Loaf Rd is on 17 there are some HUGE piles of dirt with signs saying free dirt. Looks like pretty rock free dirt too. Might be worth a truck bed full for some building...

Just figured I would give a heads up.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Same thought was running through my head.

I have access to a small Nissan P/U for such hauling if there's a place to put it. Just need to get my Steelhead frame built up...

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
Hmmmm..... I've got a toyota tundra and some shovels that I'd be willing to lend to this project. I'm in the same boat though, got the tools, down to build, but nowhere to do it.

GiantRider

Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Nor. Ca. Santa Cruz ,Mang
Josh, swing by sometime tomorrow after work and lets take a look at the yard.Brian, I seem to remember something about a pump track near you ,any ideas would be cool.Blue, thats cool man, are you in Santa Cruz.Sorry I missed ya last week on the tower ride ,we should meet up this week .

bdamschen

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2005
Spreckels, CA
I built one in the back of Kelly's apartment when she lived on campus at csumb, we've got another hidden one way out in the sticks too, but too far away to get a truck with dirt in. I've got Lee's e-book on this computer here somewhere too... I can help if you're going to build one, someone just has to reign me in when it comes to decreasing radius berms though :D

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Josh, swing by sometime tomorrow after work and lets take a look at the yard.Brian, I seem to remember something about a pump track near you ,any ideas would be cool.Blue, thats cool man, are you in Santa Cruz.Sorry I missed ya last week on the tower ride ,we should meet up this week .
Yep, I am, me and Josh rode Monday morning.

Anyone want to ride tomorrow? I'm free all day...Friday evening/afternoon, too.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Wow Todd, I didn't know you were so serious. Haha we rode by your yard yesterday and it really isn't bad at all. If I wasn't renting I would have one in my yard haha But I am game to help out Todd.

I'm not sure if I can come over tonight to help plan because I have an interview right after work and also I need to drive my friend to the airport after that.

Another morning ride on Monday (for whoever would like to join). 7am. Usually finished by 8.

OneManArmy

Chimp
Jun 25, 2002
Bay Area, Cal. (USA)
I'll have to go check that out. I live in the fields in watsonville and used to have a couple step downs, a nice kicker and a double that I wouldn't mind rebuilding. Along with some other goodies.