Quantcast

BB/chainguide help??

ymsb20

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
I have a v10 and i just switched from a internal to an external bb. the guide is mounted to a metal ring that is held on by the BB. now that there is a large bearing in between the bb and the crank, i have a gap btwn guide and chainring. what can I do to fix this??

ymsb20

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
right now i have an e13 but basically everything that can brake off it has broken so i was thinking about a gamut or something. and the cranks are holzfellers

Jonas

Monkey
Feb 11, 2004
East Coast Represent!
hey ymsb,
it sounds like the backplate needs to be spaced outward by using supplied chainline spacers between the ISCG adapter plate and backplate of the guide. For installation and adjustment instructions please refer to the following page for a download of the data: http://www.e13components.com/support_setup_instructions.html

Having everything break on your e.thirteen guide is caused by one of two things:
1. A mineral spirits based chain lubricant or degreaser was used on the drivetrain.
2. The retention system was improperly installed (i.e. the torque ratings in the instructions were not followed)

If you give a call to the office or send an email our way with some pics we'd be more than happy to help troubleshoot this dilemma of yours in no time.

support@e13components.com
jonasm@e13components.com

Thanks,
Jonas

Apr 28, 2006
North White Plains, NY
Jonas is right (and should be since he's from e.13), but what he says goes for almost ALL chainguides on the V10. Since the V10's BB shell does not extend out from the frame and is flush with a good deal of material surrounding the BB (lower VPP pivot) you'll need to space it out a little.