Quantcast

BB question+mismatched crank arms

Discussion in 'The Shop' started by happity, Aug 14, 2009.

1. happity

happity Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    okay, so, I got an amazing deal on a older truvativ holzfeller crank set yesterday at my LBS. Its not really an LBS so much as a "local nonprofit donating bikes to homeless children". but they also have a bike shop. The reason I buy stuff there is that they only sell parts second hand and you can get AMAZING deals on bike components.
    Case in point, I got a truvativ holzfeller crankset with bash guard for $25:weee:.

the only problem is It is mismatched. the RIGHT arm is a holzfeller drive with bashguard and 32T chainring and ISIS splines. the LEFT arm is a truvativ stylo team arm with ISIS splines as well.

MY QUESTION:
    do the stylo and holzfeller arms require different BB spindles?
    also, I have a haro escape 8.2 frame, could anyone suggest a BB for this threesome of parts? I was thinking a Truvativ giga pipe team SL but I heard it sucks.....

thanks a ton

P.S. I dont know what year they are but I could post pics of the cranks if anybody needs them.

Happity

Please register to disable this ad.

2. happity

happity Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    0 / 0
    sorry about the double post, its a holzfeller 2003, and I think it might be the stylo team left arm of the same year....

3. nicklouse

nicklouse Chimp

Rep/Likes:
    6 / 0
    if they are both ISIS then they will fit on the same ISIS BB.

Just make sure the holzfeller is ISIS and Not howitzer.(sp)

4. Lelandjt

Lelandjt Turbo Monkey

Rep/Likes:
    4 / 91
    I've had good luck with a RaceFace ISIS BB. Got one in my DH bike with 9 seasons on it.