Quantcast

BB summer camps?

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Does big bear do any DH summer camp type stuff? Or maybe week long clinics? That'd be awesome of someone could just pull together a week long camp of all DH and clinic stuff.

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
If yer a chick.....they have "Dikes on Bikes Weekend"..............oops, I mean "Women's Only weekend" in July with a bunch of different clinics.

I guess, they just assume that we boys already know how to ride:rolleyes:

mtnbikej

R

Rabie

Orven has a standing offer to school anyone on the mountain.

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Originally posted by mtnbikej

I guess, they just assume that we boys already know how to ride:rolleyes:
I know! Some of us actaully suck. :rolleyes:

Naw, my parents would never let me go to big bear for a week with some guy who has lesbians for an avatar.

dhjill

Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
SD Cali
Originally posted by mtnbikej
If yer a chick.....they have "Dikes on Bikes Weekend"..............oops, I mean "Women's Only weekend" in July with a bunch of different clinics.

mtnbikej
Uhhh...excuse me....but I've been an instructor at this event for several years. Yeah, there's a few but the majority like men.:D :D :D

mtnbikej

Monkey
Sep 13, 2001
So. CAL.
Originally posted by dhjill
Uhhh...excuse me....but I've been an instructor at this event for several years. Yeah, there's a few but the majority like men.:D :D :D

I know. Several ladies I know went and did some of the clinics last year and plan on coming again this year......my wife included. They all really enjoyed it last year.

mtnbikej

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Wayne Croasdale and Shaums March run clinics occasionally on the mountian. WC's clincs are on the www.teambigbear.com site, usually, and I think Shaums' are on www.madmarchracing.com. The WC clinics are cheaper, like $100 or so, the SM clinics are like $200. You can learn a lot at either...but you can also learn a lot for free from, say Orven or one of the other fast guys on the mountain.

MD

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by dhjill
You are so correct. That's why that weekend is one of the best ones up there! :D

"Dikes on Bikes Weekend" ROCKS!!