Quantcast

BB30 cranks in BSA frame

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
Hey, I just got a second-hand set of SRAM direct-mount cranks as a gift, from a friend. I have a regular threaded BB frame, and I can get a Race Face BB threaded BB and a SRAM DM compatible chainring really cheap. I'm wondering if the regular (not boost) direct mount SRAM-compatible chainrings will have the right chain line for a 11-speed setup, or if it's too cheap of a hack to work properly.

Anyone has any clues on this? My Google-fu is a bit rusty today.

Last edited:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
If it is a BB30 crank then the spindle will be too short to even come out the other side. However, if it is a PF30 crank then you can run an adapter bottom bracket. I would suggest the Chris King Threadfit 30. Its much more durable than the raceface.

slimshady

¡Mira, una ardilla!
If it is a BB30 crank then the spindle will be too short to even come out the other side. However, if it is a PF30 crank then you can run an adapter bottom bracket. I would suggest the Chris King Threadfit 30. Its much more durable than the raceface.
Thanks for stopping me from doing stupid hacks. They are BB30 cranks, so they won't fit my 73mm threaded frame.