Quantcast

BCD Inedible?????

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
What are these frames like,are they anygood and what kind of relibalblilty is in them as im over in the uk and wouldnt want one to break and it would have to be sent to america again and whats the money in them too
Give me some advice on these frames

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
My friend sanjay has one. He loves it! They are all custon made for each rider and the geometry they like! I dont know the prices though. I do know that people have had them for over 3 years and nothing has gone wrong. Sanjay has only broken his once I think, and if you know him hes prolly the hardest person on his bikes.

julian_dh

Monkey
Jan 10, 2005
man dont get a morewood there pretty much a 223 copy but heavier and more flexy

oh and they look like ****

you should check out the 224 espically if u live in the uk support your local

mcA896

Turbo Monkey
Aug 15, 2003
Cape Cod, MA
julian_dh said:
man dont get a morewood there pretty much a 223 copy but heavier and more flexy

oh and they look like ****

you should check out the 224 espically if u live in the uk support your local
You're dumb. Have you ever ridden one, or did you hear this from a friend whose cousin's brother in Arkansas rode one? The stickers suck, but boo hoo, this isn't a beauty pagent.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Alex is my uncle, so I could tell you alot of great things about him. He has an amazing frame designs that might take a while to get to you, but once you do get it, you WILL love it. Alex is a super good guy and he is taking podiums at the Worlds in BC on an Inedible. I think that says alot. The frame are carbon fiber and balsa wood(correct me if im wrong). They are light, super strong, and if something does go wrong, send it to Alex and he can fix it up, change the geometry, whatever you need. I highly reccomend them. Sanjay and Seth Harney can't be wrong when it comes to that frame.

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
It had 2 rear shocks placed with different pivots, I THINK each shock had 4 inchs of travel, one shock would go through all the travel, and then the next shock would start up. I THINK!

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
konastab01 said:
What are these frames like,are they anygood and what kind of relibalblilty is in them as im over in the uk and wouldnt want one to break and it would have to be sent to america again and whats the money in them too
Give me some advice on these frames
The one I tried had a lot of slop, can't remember if it was the main pivot or the shock mounts, but it was pretty noticable.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
hey,

the longest lasting inedible would be seth harneys. he is on his 4th year and only
one small repair.

sanjays i gave to him and build it out of super light test blem parts. he did break his
in a crash in one area they was layed up to light. it was a test frame and i used him
to test it.
AND HE DID. then it got ran over and don't have time to repair it again.

mine broke at worlds on a huge 30mph road gap/creek crash. mine also is built lighter
than a production model.

i have made two others that have had no problem in this area. they were road by
two semipros who are not light on there bikes and worked them hard. later sold to
an expert rider who visits here on RM and to the late ssadict. RIP.

this fall i hope to have a "cogbox" frame that sanjay and i will be testing.
it will be able to be converted to a standard drive in case of a cogbox
problem. it will basically be an inedible with a cogbox. i will not ever make
another inedible. i only make THE best current models.

COGBOX bikes will be available first of the year if everything goes as planned.

also on the 2x4 ?tion.

the two shocks work at the same time. one will activate more if its load comes from a
more direct impact. I.E. front of the rear wheel will be absorbed more by the high pivot. a flat landing will be a BB pivot. it creates a Zone of suspension travel and is measured in Sq inches. pretty cool huh? if bikes only coasted this would be the frame!

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
Do you still have your 2x4 or Coffin laying around? I remembered you had them in the BCD van, but I don't know now.

I thought the gearbox was hush hush but I guess not. haha

Good luck alex and call me and we can hit up sandia this upcomming weekend.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Well the morewoods for one arent flexy in the slightest so thats bull****.Dont want a orange as everyone and there dog has one.Quite fancy a fine line or one of the bcd.
BCD have you got any contact details that I could get you on,if so pm me them please
Cheers

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
priceseliger14 said:
Do you still have your 2x4 or Coffin laying around? I remembered you had them in the BCD van, but I don't know now.

I thought the gearbox was hush hush but I guess not. haha

Good luck alex and call me and we can hit up sandia this upcomming weekend.
sandia might actually work this weekend.

i still have all the old frames save the first 2x4 and the old couch.
sold them to people.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
vitox said:
hey alex whats that cogbox thing?

the hayes/b1 system?
no, it is my own design, here is what i can say about it.

it will be enclosed 5-8 speed chain drive.
i like only having 5 gear more widely spaced
shifting so i am not always shift two clicks
at a time. it runs a 9 speed shifter so you just
not use 4 clicks. it will use shimano cogs so no special parts there.
same basic layout of shock location as the inedible.

the price i haven't decided yet but under 3,000
that would come with, frame, drivetrain, shock, isis bb, and 135 rear hub.

konastab01

Turbo Monkey
Dec 7, 2004
Spoke to alex this morning and he seem like a nice guy that knows where he wants too go and what he wants to achieve form the bikes.
Alex you forgot to pm me your email address
Cheers

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
bcd said:

it will be enclosed 5-8 speed chain drive.
i like only having 5 gear more widely spaced
shifting so i am not always shift two clicks
at a time. it runs a 9 speed shifter so you just
not use 4 clicks. it will use shimano cogs so no special parts there.
same basic layout of shock location as the inedible.

the price i haven't decided yet but under 3,000
that would come with, frame, drivetrain, shock, isis bb, and 135 rear hub.
Wow...as long as you keep the number of gears down and use rapid fire shifters, you've got a winner! Under 3k, nice.

I'm waiting for someone to develope an aftermarket gear box with maybe 7-8 gears and RF shifting to replace my Rohloff hub I might not be selling.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
bcd said:
This industry needs more people like Alex. :thumb:

Go for the inedible, konastab01. You won't regret it. It's a work of art, rock solid and great riding from what I hear, and completely unique.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
no it is carbon all the way.

never had any trouble wolloing a head tube, that is a problem of poor built alum bikes.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
alexs bikes rock. i rode neversummer nows inedible evey once in a while when he had it and i loved it. wayy better bike for me than the dh9 that i had to ride was. the quality is top notch and the bike looks sooooo hot. plus alex is a cool dude and nice as mr rogers to boot

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
what do your frames weigh, i have seen your bikes in person and after looking at it and seeing how beefy it was and also working in the composite industry and having knowledge of carbon fiber layups and etc it didn't look like it had that much of a weight saving versus alum to me. But i didn't pick up the bike or really study the bike to much just a quick glance. Are you using a sandwich(that what my co workers i refer to as carbon-core-carbon layup) method of building for the rearend. if so i could see a weight savings there. anywayyou have designed and built a great bik., Also i'm not trying to nock your design or knowledge of comosites at all, just curious of your layup procedure and how much the frame and shock weight together.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
skin6061 said:
what do your frames weigh, i have seen your bikes in person and after looking at it and seeing how beefy it was and also working in the composite industry and having knowledge of carbon fiber layups and etc it didn't look like it had that much of a weight saving versus alum to me. But i didn't pick up the bike or really study the bike to much just a quick glance. Are you using a sandwich(that what my co workers i refer to as carbon-core-carbon layup) method of building for the rearend. if so i could see a weight savings there. anywayyou have designed and built a great bik., Also i'm not trying to nock your design or knowledge of comosites at all, just curious of your layup procedure and how much the frame and shock weight together.

depending on the rider weight somewhere in between 8-10 lbs w/steel spring shock.

the swingarms and center section are balsa wood cored, compaction molded.

the tubes are blater molded by us in alum molds @350.

the head tubes for now are vacuumed in an autoclave around alum mandrels.

konastab01

i have never had any trouble with headsets in our headtubes. they don't press
tight like alum just a tight slip fit.

i like single crowns and have a 8'' travis on order. :D it is the weight freak in me.

skin6061

Chimp
Jan 4, 2005
wow that is a pretty light dh frame, Balsa wood core, ive never used balsa before we have some customers that use balsa but most of our customers and I use either honeycomb nomex core or a high density foam. Just curious but are you building with wet layup or pre preg.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
it is all pre preg save the headtube.

we get our pre preg military surplus

and it is the same price as just the epoxy

for the dry fibers. the new frame will be all pre preg

johnbrittain

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Amarillo, Texas
no more inedibles EVER???? that sucks alex, i was thinking about getting one next season! pm me with some kind of sketches/pics of this new g-box design when you make them, i am kinda wishing that i had gotten an inedible now instead ofmy v-10.

edit: i heard that seth is moving back to amarillo, but i havent heard from him in a while, you know anything about this?

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
johnbrittain said:
no more inedibles EVER???? that sucks alex, i was thinking about getting one next season! pm me with some kind of sketches/pics of this new g-box design when you make them, i am kinda wishing that i had gotten an inedible now instead ofmy v-10.

edit: i heard that seth is moving back to amarillo, but i havent heard from him in a while, you know anything about this?

i second this, give us some idea of what this thing is going to be like...i am going to be in the market for a high end DH rig in the upcoming months.