Quantcast

Be Carefull in Fredneck....

I'm hoping by "a number of these" you mean, maybe, 2?

Saw another yesterday for a total of 5 this season......

I'm thinking of getting a snake bite kit for my Dakine pack.

on a related wildlife note...there have been confirmed sightings of bears (mom+ 2 cubs) and one day while hiking I came across some bear tracks in the mud down by the steep side exits. None of this comes as a surprise, after all we are not at the top of the food chain while in the woods.

Be careful

DK
C
F,Md.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
A couple weeks ago, we saw a FAT timber rattler in the middle of the Catoctin Trail just North of where it crosses Fishing Creek Road heading towards the Cunningham Falls/Rte. 15 Overlook. By the time I could get my phone out of my camelback and figure out how to operate the damned thing, it had crawled into a bush about two feet off the trail. I could still see it and it was rattling like mad at me but even only two feet away, I can't really see it in the pic I snapped.

Nov 3, 2003
Virginia
Seriously,

This is a pic from another site from the Frederick area. Look closely. Yup it's a timber rattler. I've have seen a number of these lately.

DK
C
F,Md.
In my 18 years of riding my mountain bike in VA, MD, NC and WVA...I have never seen one, I am dying to see one.
I've seen Black bear, copperheads, otters, dear, owls, and even a Bobcat. No damn Rattlers...

ridiculous

Turbo Monkey
Jan 18, 2005
MD / NoVA