Quantcast

Be glad you don't live in Pakistan...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
Man Gets Life for Following False Prophet
Thu Dec 19,11:07 AM ET

MULTAN, Pakistan (Reuters) - A Pakistani man has been sentenced to life in prison under the country's blasphemy laws for being a follower of a self-proclaimed prophet, court officials said Thursday.

Ahsan Azamtullah, 45, was convicted of being a disciple of Sardar Ahmed, a self-proclaimed prophet who died in prison last year after a prolonged bout of mental illness, officials said.

Azamtullah was also fined $1,700 in the verdict handed down Wednesday by a court in the eastern Pakistani town of Faisalabad. Another man and woman are being sought to answer similar charges.

In Islam, the prophet Mohammad has been declared the last messenger from God. Under the law in Pakistan, an Islamic nation, those claiming to be latter-day prophets are guilty of blasphemy, which carries the maximum death penalty.

splat

Nam I am
See now there is a Good example of Church and state not being seperated ! That is what our founding fathers really ment when they Put Sepeartion of church and state in the consitition. Not there can't be under god in the pledge of alegiance , and you can't have a manger scene on city property. They ment you won't be jailed for beliving in a god other than what the goverment tells you to believe in.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
This is kinda like going to jail for having an imaginary friend, isn't it? Geez....

Nice to see our "allies" in this little "war" we have going are so openminded.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Originally posted by splat
See now there is a Good example of Church and state not being seperated ! That is what our founding fathers really ment when they Put Sepeartion of church and state in the consitition. Not there can't be under god in the pledge of alegiance , and you can't have a manger scene on city property. They ment you won't be jailed for beliving in a god other than what the goverment tells you to believe in.

i couldn't have said it better!! right on!

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.

Very well said.
Thanks.

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
They ment you won't be jailed for beliving in a god other than what the goverment tells you to believe in.
Give it a rest, fellas. Whatever they meant at the time, you know as well as I do that it is wrong for the government to officially place one religion above others.