Quantcast

Be like Brian...

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
I've heard that Brian Lopes takes both his hardtail and his full suspension 4X bikes when he goes to a race, just so he's prepared for whatever kind of track he might encounter. In fact, I've read that he has been known to qualify on one bike, then race the other! That just sounds crazy... Can anyone corroborate this story? I usually have to "run what I brung" but man... if I had that kind of action going on I'd be tempted to bring both of my bikes too! How cool would that be?

stringcheese

Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
Golden, CO
my only other bike is a bmx and I think I'd be better off leaving that at home. I do think that it is a good idea to bring different kinds of bikes, though. Like for Battle at the Bear there wasn't really a way to tell if the course would be better on a hardtail or fully unless you rode the course.

Romeo

Chimp
May 20, 2002
Ha!

Evanescence, you heard that from me. It's true, and it's in Lopes' and my technique book (due out in January). He brings both bikes, and if the course is rough he qualifies on the dually. He almost always races the hardtail because it gives him a better start.

True.