Quantcast

Beacon/Bike Park update

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
as Minor Threat stated earlier, ad hoc is pretty cool, but with a little organization and communication, some good things can happen.

- MT and I are working on a grant for signs/trail markers hopefully to be installed later this spring, early summer. This grant, $2000 is funded by a local Parks Foundation
- Expect a real information kiosk to be installed hopefully by the race. Mountain Gear is funding it, and a local scout is building it for his Eagle Project
- maps continue to be in development. We hope to get another REI grant, this one to fund printing and publication of at least a Camp Sekani map. Map, trail markers and info kiosk should all interface seamlessly when it's all done.
- an official dirt jump area has been flagged in. Now, all we need is some clean or not so clean fill dirt. If you have a resource, please let me or Chris A know, thanks...

March 16 - 9:30 AM. Dirt work "party" This is a reroute of a small section of the very main trail, the idea is to prevent conflict between high speed riders and everyone else ( at the request of parks) Check with Dan at Wintersport ( or me) if you want to know more.

We could always use a few more folks to work on this and other projects. Check in w/Chris @ WSE or Dan at Wintersport.

gg

oh, and the Chili Ride is being rescheduled, AGAIN. Too much snow at Riverside.

www.fttrc.org

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
wheelsport.

Kyle,
Dan at Wintersport is head of the bike park design team, he's working with Chris, City Parks, ftlrider and couple of other folks.

Maybe you guys would like to show up for an work day or come to a meeting sometime and introduce yourselves. It'd be great to hear what you guys want to work on.

thom9719

Turbo Monkey
Jul 25, 2005
In the Northwest.
haha, my bad :D

I've been sick the last few days, (which is really f*cking up my spring break next week), but since I don't think I am going to the westside now, I will be a beacon sometime next week, to do some work, and if I can be there, I'll be there on the 16th as well.

Kyle,

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
that would be awesome - love to meet you guys

The Powers That Be have made it real clear to us ( FTTRC) that one of the reasons they support what we are doing is that there's been a lot of communication about what's going on. The time for going up and just doing what you want is pretty much over.The good news is that they ( Parks etc) haven't said no to anything we've proposed - this includes advanced lines, more ladders, dirt jumps, because we talk to them about every dam thing. This kind of stuff is why we keep getting approached by organizations that would like to give us money- communication and organization.

The reason I keep referring folks to Chris or Dan is that these two guys have the direct line to parks, they know the issues, they've got the lines of communication to the right folks, they are the ones working on the bike park plan, they've been to the meetings. Plus they are supporting members.

I know I get passionate about this ( that's better than rant mode, right?)We've put hundreds of hours into this, and for me that's just so I can have something like Family Man someday for me to mess around on some day.:monkeydance:

gg

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
There IS ging to be a DH race. Date will be formally announced/publicized this week. It will most likely NOT be the same May weekend (Sunday after Mother's Day) that it was the last two years. Format will probably be one run on a longer course to eliminate combined-time snafus. Stay tuned.