Quantcast

Beacon Blowout NORBA license info

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
Just to clarify...Yes this is a NORBA sanctioned race, so Pro/Semi/Expert required to be Annual License holders. Sport/Beginners can buy a one day. But you will have to buy 2 one day licenses ($10 total)....one for Saturday Practice, one for race day. I know that sucks, but is covers our butts.

Here is the important part....EXPERTS: don't let the license thing keep you from racing this weekend. You can come and race in the OPEN class and get away with buying a one day license. Having to buy a season license for so few races, plus now the Nationals will be on a small hill, doesn't really make sense.

Pro/Semi: You guys have to have an annual license.

If NORBA/USA Cycling continues to not really consider the DH crowd going forward, we will look for other options for getting insured to reduce our/your costs.

Any more questions about that, PM me or email eric@milliseconds.com.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
riverside73 said:
If NORBA/USA Cycling continues to not really consider the DH crowd going forward, we will look for other options for getting insured to reduce our/your costs.
Maybe this has been brought up in a thread before, but it seems to me that gravity MTB (DH and 4X) shares a lot of commonality with BMX. Maybe we ought to defect the whole sheebang over to the ABA.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
MinorThreat said:
Maybe this has been brought up in a thread before, but it seems to me that gravity MTB (DH and 4X) shares a lot of commonality with BMX. Maybe we ought to defect the whole sheebang over to the ABA.
Yup, your right. This same ? was brought up in the DH forum. I guess Eric Carter has been trying to get the ABA to take over the DH and 4X side of things away from NORBA.

I would love to see that happen!

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Eric,

Is having an OPEN class up to the indiviual promoter? It didnt seem to be in the NORBA rules anymore. I wont be making the trip to spokane this time, but was wondering about the open class for the hood series.

Hope you guys have a great race, Beacon always was one of the funner events.

-d

riverside73

Monkey
Nov 29, 2004
oly said:
Eric,

Is having an OPEN class up to the indiviual promoter? It didnt seem to be in the NORBA rules anymore. I wont be making the trip to spokane this time, but was wondering about the open class for the hood series.

Hope you guys have a great race, Beacon always was one of the funner events.

-d
Thanks for the well wishes!

I think any NORBA sanctioned race can run an Open class that anyone can compete in. The Open class is usually the cash category, which includes the Pro's. So anyone wanting to join in the fun and challenge them, can do so without having to pay the Annual license. Or at least I can't find anything in the rule book that says otherwise; and for what it's worth I am a NORBA/USAC Official.

If Petr ever has any NORBA questions, tell him he could get a hold of me rather than going through the hassle of calling USAC and finding the right person to talk to.