Quantcast

Beacon car hulk removal - want to help? (this sat)

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
OK, this is your chance to be involved with getting those car hulks removed from Beacon Hill! We have a donated skidder to pull the hulks out of the woods and move them to locations where the hulks will be hauled away. We need some help locating the car bodies, opening pathways to pull the cars out of woods by cutting down and moving small trees, and then a little clean up of the areas.

Plus, the weather is suppose to be good - a little overcast, but NO rain!!

When: Sat., Nov. 15th, start @ 8:00am - ?? (probably most of the day, but you may come during the day and call my cell for our location).

Where: Meet at Beacon Retreat Center (Pete Rayner's Place) 4848 E. Wellesley - http://www.eventective.com/provider/map.aspx?num=105022

Bring: food/water, gloves, chain saws and related protective gear, any tools you think would be helpful.

PM me with any questions...

gg

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
the gang got at least 15 hulks out today and they are going back tomorrow for more. If you want to help, 10 am Sunday at the beacon events center. The hulks are getting stacked in various locations-a tow truck will be coming during the week to get the piles.

Attachments

Last edited:

trailhacker

Turbo Monkey
Jan 6, 2003
In the hills around Seattle
Your a few months too late!?! Scrap prices have dropped signifigantly in the past few months.

I parted out a Full size 4x4 truck and took the carcas to the scrap yard and it was worth $390 with no engine, tranny or bed.
back then 15 hulks would have netted you probably close to $5000.

Good job on cleaning that area up and getting things pushed forward for the rest of us!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
yeah well--- we can't have everything. But $5K would have been nice. Getting someone to drive thier skidder for 4 days just for fun has to be worth something, eh?

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
:stosh:Somehow I was a bit attached to the old rabbit, it was also a bit of an art project. Thats cool that you guys feel the need to take all the old cars out, but why did you take the only one that wasn't a complete eyesore?:plthumbsdown:

Last edited: