Quantcast

Beacon Course?

Earthmover

Chimp
Feb 25, 2002
Terra Forma
Anybody have any input on the Beacon course for this weekend? Is it the same as the Blastoff, or something differant? A description would be sweet! Weather.com shows a bit of rain this week (and possibly on Sat., hope not). How's the dirt up there? I've only ridden there in the dust, never when there's any moisture around. Thanks, see you there!!
-Josh

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
we went out this weekend for some practice. it was pooring just outside of spokane. weather.com said it was going to be raining the days before and the day we rode. that said. the dirt was dry and loose. like it always is there.

sooo.. the couse is completely different then the blastoff. it starts at the same spot but heads a little east of the blastoff course. quick burm and a rollable 7 foot to flat drop. 2 quick nipples, second one is to be prejumped to set up for the sharp left burn. short straight away to a gap step down landing in shallow burm. ride that over some bumpy rocks. speeds up for short straight away, bump, bump, some dirt, rocks rolling down with a hard compressions splat. get speed for a silly double in the middle of some flat stuff. looks funky and odd but it's easy with some speed. then a burm-double-burm. turn on some gas, slight left, slightly harder right, cross over other course, then some fun rock rollers. tight-on-the-handlebars tree section to a step up. some bumpy rock roll things, off camber left into a stupid fake rock garden (lame) that will blow out after 30min of practice. then to a drop, left turn, nipple, nipple, 15 foot (my guess) jump into new 20 foot (again my guess) jump. straight into right turn into fun jump over rock, then you are back on the old course for the strait away into the last jump to shallow back side to compression to finish. wave hands to all the cheering fans.

fun stuff. not as much peddaling as the other course. I'm excited to race.

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
i'm definitely interested to see if they keep that new jump after the double at the bottom? (frickin' peice a @!#$!*&!@~#$&*!#+*$& jump!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: )

if they do, y'all be carefull! i got the market on the human lawn dart angle... i don't want any of you crowding my title! :p

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
Originally posted by DHRacer
i'm definitely interested to see if they keep that new jump after the double at the bottom? (frickin' peice a @!#$!*&!@~#$&*!#+*$& jump!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: )

if they do, y'all be carefull! i got the market on the human lawn dart angle... i don't want any of you crowding my title! :p
Is that jump what took out your arm?

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by 66
Is that jump what took out your arm?

no, what took out my arm was flying 25-30 feet and landing head first... but the jump started that ball rolling! LOL!

yeah, the lip just booted may ass over my head... s'what happens when you aint got no skillz. :D

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
east of Seattle
I saw a couple people go in that same direction last weekend on that jump. It's the only thing on the course I didn't get down yet. Now I'm getting scared of the thing. hmmm. stupid demons.

TurkeyJerkey

Chimp
Aug 8, 2002
WA
Originally posted by DHRacer

YEAH BUT YOU HAVE A GREAT SENCE OF HUMOR

DHRacer

The Rev
Oct 8, 2001
Originally posted by Knobularlife
No....You Do:monkey:

and so do you.:monkey:

(soft background music rising... suddenly Elton John belts out - "Can you feel the love tonight....")