Quantcast

Beacon: news!

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Two things the new club is up to that you'll want to note.

1. Camp Sekani Cleanup day.. .give a little love back to the trails. Sat 4/16 we are doing a little clean up at Camp Sekani, the east end of Beacon ( you know, where the races are) Starts at 9 am, we'll be doing trash pick up and other glamorous activities for a few hours, maybe even some seasonal maintenance and things like that. Please come and support us! The city (who's park it is) loves that we want to go in and take care of it.

Which brings me to #2
2. The Fat Tire Trail Riders had a meeting with some of the powers that be, and we have been given the green light for certain types of "improvements" up there. Improvements would be technical trail features like ladders etc. for a range of abilities!!!! Here's the deal... the club is putting together a committee to layout and construct some new goodies for the area. Want to be a part of some LEGAL building? Come to our next meeting so you can get hooked up with the follks working on this, or send me a PM and I can get you in the loop. We have approval on this, IF we work the system the way it needs to be worked. Frankly monkeys I was shocked when they said, "yeah, we like what you guys are doing up here, it just needs to go like this..."(through the club etc)

www.fttrc.org

geargrrl

SJ10

Chimp
Dec 11, 2004
That's good news. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to help take care of and develop one of the best riding areas in the northwest. I'm glad there is someone in contact with "the powers that be". I'm suprised they were that supportive but hopefully the mountain bike community will take responsibility for the trails and surrounding land. Most of the mountain bikers I know (DH crowd) are responsible and are happy to have such a cool place to ride. Unfortunately I see garbage dumping by those who usually don't ride or respect the area. Anyway, a sense of "ownership" goes a long way.

SJ

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
SJ10 said:
That's good news. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to help take care of and develop one of the best riding areas in the northwest. I'm glad there is someone in contact with "the powers that be". I'm suprised they were that supportive but hopefully the mountain bike community will take responsibility for the trails and surrounding land. Most of the mountain bikers I know (DH crowd) are responsible and are happy to have such a cool place to ride. Unfortunately I see garbage dumping by those who usually don't ride or respect the area. Anyway, a sense of "ownership" goes a long way.
well hopefully some of you folks can make it! Looks like we'll have some swag to giveaway, if you need more incentive. ;-)

gg