Quantcast

Beacon notes

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
cool but if anything important is going down on the access front other there be sure to let us know aye?
Some of you may know I went before the parks board in council chambers to talk about what the FTTRC has been doing up at Beacon, trail work maintennace clean up and so on. Our club is the poster child for the adopt a park program and I gave a power point presentation about mountain biking up there.

This went very well, they are very impressed. Nothing like showing a pile of 18 truckloads of trash that volunteers cleaned up to get their attention. ;-)

anyway, one of the first things that the parks people want to do is get the gate moved up the dirt road about 50 feet permanantly so that we can have a parking lot for regular use, you wouldn't have to park in the beach lot anymore. Getting things done like this moves like moleasses, but it's being discussed.

have fun at the races, y'all.

geargrrl

www.fttrc.org

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
W3rd!!! You tell 'em good!! :mumble: :mumble: :mumble: :D

Glad to hear that some ppl are making progress with the bureaucracy that is "Land Management Non-Access".... Keep up the good fight.....I, for one, appreciate all of your efforts (and anyone else involved!!!).

Peace Out,
G

:dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: