Quantcast

Beacon People

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
Been a while since i was on the monkey... Just wondering how many of you all are going to make it to beacon.... and if anyone knows how easy it will be to find camping with the duathalon canceled. Looking forward to seein the dh crazies congregated again

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
The Mutoli's will be there. We are staying in a hotel this trip. May camp the next one though! See you there! :dancing:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
DO not camp at the SH!TTY KOA campground. I had the worst night sleep EVER there.

Not exagerating.....

There is a Big water tower right next to the "tent site" at the edge of the campground. The pump would turn on ever 15-30minutes and sound like a jet engine. :angry:

Then there was the trains that ran all night.....ARGH!

There were a bunch of XC racers sleeping there near us and we all got up early. It only took a look at the other tenters face to see they also had not slept well. What a pissy way to start off the weekend.

I swear I could sleep between two semis at a truck stop and get better sleep than I did there.

Two thumbs down for the KOA Campground. STAY AWAY
http://www.koa.com/where/wa/47107/

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Riverside state park is West of downtown, right next to the river.
access to singletrack ;-)

There's another private commecial place west of town, off towards Cheney
http://www.jellystonewa.com/

There's camping at Bear Creek Lodge up towards Mt Spokane, that's actually closest I'd think. The lodge is right there for beer but the campsites are small and in a canyon so it will be c-c-c-c-cold.Bear Creek Lodge
(509) 238-9114
24817 N Spokane Park Dr
Spokane, WA 99201

arboc!

Turbo Monkey
Dec 18, 2004
spokane, WA
camp at riverside state park and youll get raped by a naked hippy. some one can stay at my house for a dirtjumper 3 or enough money for one

SebringMGB

Monkey
Feb 6, 2004
Washington
dirtjumpP.1 said:
camp at riverside state park and youll get raped by a naked hippy. some one can stay at my house for a dirtjumper 3 or enough money for one
how about lodging, beer, breakfast, dog food, and taxi service for a dj1 :cool:

RhinofromWA

Brevity R Us
Aug 16, 2001
Lynnwood, WA
Other than campiong at KOA...it was nice weather so I thought it would be fun. Nope :(

I have always stayed at Motel 6 right off the exit at Arrgonne(sp? sorry). It is generally the cheapest and has fast access to the race sight.

Just don't go out for Mexican food with the Speed Metal Team. :D It is like trying to herd cats. LOL :D