Quantcast

Beacon photo monkies, need your help...

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Hey,
We (Beacon project people) are looking for a photo to use on the cover of the Beacon Hill trail map that is coming out in July. We don't have any money (sorry, poor non profit here) but we can certainly provide photo credit on the publication. What we are looking for is an action shot that is not necessarily "Downhill", "Freeride" or "Cross Country" but one that shows the spirit of mountain biking on the hill. The cover of the map is going to be about 4" x 9".

If you have anything you think you'd like us to take a look at, please send me a PM or an email at mtb @ fttrc dot org

thanks
geargrrl

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
That would be very cool for the Sekani/Bike park part of the map. Skye contact me if you are interested. The contact stuff through loopd.com is too convoluted for me.

babydick

Chimp
Feb 23, 2009
I'm not sure if he has a username on here but he's Shilly on Pinkbike, I'm sure you could get a hold of him there.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
Cool thanks.

We are getting down to the wire here. I am really really hoping we have this thing out to the shops so you can buy one no later than July 10-15 or so.

Here's some of what you'll get.
It's going to be big, either 24 x 18 or 20 x30, double sided, heavy paper. One side will have all of Beacon Hill, the other will have a detail of Camp Sekani. All the trails will be marked green, blue, black etc. There are numbers on the map which will correspond to the markers that are getting installed this month. Certain landmarks (Rushmore, Girthmore, Kokanee Drop, Towers, etc) will be marked.

You guys all know where everything is already. But for someone new to the trails, or visiting, hopefully they'll find it helpful.

The National Park Service is paying for our first printing through a grant. We'll have it at all the shops for sale, funds to go back to the trail system.

stay tuned...

schilly

Chimp
Jun 9, 2009
That would be very cool for the Sekani/Bike park part of the map. Skye contact me if you are interested. The contact stuff through loopd.com is too convoluted for me.

Hey this is skye. i would be totally stoked if you used my pic for the beacon brochure!!! and i think its a really epic pic to promote the hill. let me know what you decide man. thanks